In-game chat interfering with keyboard mapping inputs - known issue?

Hi RD, this is my first post.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything about this issue I'm experiencing.

When using the default Chat app in-game, as I type into the text box the game interprets my inputs outside of chat as well, resulting in a ton of unwanted "hotkeys" or keyboard control bindings inputs. For example, if I map Horn to the H-key, every time I type the letter "h" into chat, I will honk the horn in-game.

Any fix for this besides using a different third-party chat app? I'm not averse to trying a different app, just surprised if this is by-design. Otherwise it's a bug that basically restricts the use of chat in-game...

Thanks in advance

Even when I tab into a text editor to tweak an INI file with AC running in the background, it'll pick up my inputs and all kinds of things happen.
Yup, me too. You come back to the game and the first symptom is that the camera has changed... Not sure what other damage can be done but I guess if you were on track (e.g. in "drive" mode at pit box), various other car settings could be mucked up.
Any fix for this besides using a different third-party chat app? I'm not averse to trying a different app, just surprised if this is by-design. Otherwise it's a bug that basically restricts the use of chat in-game...
And of course, sadly, this means that a third-party chat app isn't going to help. I guess that AC must hook the keyboard at a lower level than most other DirectX games, because I can't think of a single other game that has this behaviour.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back