In game and CM set-up measurements and parameters

I‘m a newbie to Sim Racing, as the following question may show, and have reached a point where my lap times are showing a decent level of consistency leaving me to wonder if I should look at gaining some basic set up knowledge. I got the Set Up developer tool as a helpful guide and just this morning, after many failed attempts and a lot of frustration managed to put together a set up that instantly felt better in my BMW Z4 GT car - I got my lap time at Spa down to 1min 24 after being stuck at consistent 1 min 27s’ - no doubt ten seconds a lap slower than many but a decent step in the right direction for me.

What I noticed, and confused me, was the differences in the technical measurements and parameters when setting up in game ( via the Pits) compared to using the car set up page on Content Manager. When looking online on sites such as YouTube it’s evident that there have been various changes to the set up system/layout in game over the years which hasn’t helped my confusion. My question(s) is/are; is there a ‘standard‘ that’s best to use? Do most players set up in game or in Content Manager and should I concentrate on one over the other?

I‘m away from my PC otherwise I’d post some screenshots to show what I mean, I don’t know if this makes sense to you guys/girls.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back