In-game advanced settings

I read some things about these settings on fourms, and I listen to what some people say on TS about these settings. So I thought "What do others have them set at, and do these affect your lap time and car charactiriscs. Car setup and wheel settings are very dependant on the driver, so I won't put them in.

Here are my settings:

Control Settings Advanced:
Steering Sensitivity = 95%
Throttle Sensitivity = 95%
Brake Sensitivity = 95%
Clutch Sensitivity = 95%

Steering Deadzone = 0
Throttle Deadzone = 0
Brake Deadzone = 0

Force Feedback Settings:
Feedback Effects = MAX
Feedback Strength = 100%
Reverse Effects = ON
Steering Force = 200%
Engine = 0%
Brakes = 10%
Curbs = 35%
Impact = 100%

Visual Settings:
Look to Apex = 5%
Field of View = 130% - 150% (depending on the car)
Cockpit camera movement = 50%

To be honest, I think that nearly all of those settings are dependent on driver. I don't think any of them have any real affect that would be reproducible for everyone, and therefore be a sure fire way of improving lap times. They just let people tailor the feel of the game to their preference.

Having said that, FFB might be a slight exception. I lowered the settings and did see an improvement in my driving, simply because I wasn't having to fight the wheel so much.

I agree on the FFB. Dropped mine to around 70% on steering force feedback and the car is easier to get round a corner smoothly.

I have all my sensitivities for the controls at 100%, just the way I prefer it.

What wheel are you using? If its a Logitech wheel set the profiler to 101%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 900 deg.

These FFB settings should be a lot better too, your current ones have a load of canned effects and are way too strong causing all the FFB to feel the same. I'd also recommend setting the sensitivities to stock which is 50%.

Force Feedback Settings:
Feedback Effects = Low
Feedback Strength = 79%
Reverse Effects = ON
Steering Force = 100%
Engine = 0%
Brakes = 0%
Curbs = 0%
Impact = 100%

Agree to the post above. Better set the FFB to such extend that you could easily take an hour long session without having you wrists hurt like hell.
Sensitivity is set according player preferences and there is huge difference between wheels. And one thing to consider is to create a FFB profile for couple of classes, FWD WTCC handles pretty different from F1 and needs little bit of tweaking. My Momo likes these settings:

FFB: Medium, 100%, steering force 50%
Wheel Sensitivity: 20%-50% (different profiles, for ex Formula Masters has 20%, WTCC 50%)
Pedal sens: 30%, 6% deadzone

Plus you have couple of settings in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Settings. Mainly there are a second FFB multipliers. Take centering force almost off as Race07 has some centering forces created inside. Also the damping effects i usually turn down to 0% on a sunny, dry track.

I managed to eliminate the small gap between the gear wheels, which is always there for mechanism like Momo has. Thin layer of clear silicone will fill any gaps between gear wheels. I may do a picture tutorial when i've work out the kinks in that system. Wheel is much heavier to turn but the precision makes up for it, that's the main reason for such a low FFB forces.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%