In Cockpit View

Ok guys,

I'm sure your all aware that some cars are worse than others for view of the mirrors (using real mirror views).

What i'm curious about is:

How does everyone ensure they race clean when someone is behind them?

I was driving the Vertigo last night and had someone, somewhere, behind me. I was giving it the beans to keep him at bay so couldn't press my pre-sets to check the mirrors. In the name of clean racing i often pushed wide cause i wasn't sure if he had made a move on me or not. Touch frustrating but what can you do?

Curiouse: Do multi screen setups give you a better view of the cockpit? I.e. left view, centre view and right view all at once?

One of my G25 wheel buttons is assigned to "rear view"...
So when I want, I quickly look back to judge others evolution behind me (certain corner exits and corner entry after a start in a public server).

Also if you use HUD, you judge it by observing the time gaps…
For instances, it is good to know when you have to give up the line.​

i use real with triple head. the extra monitors mean the wing mirrors are the size of your fist so they give you good visibility together with the rearview where applicable. i do have the look behind key set on my wheel just in case but dont need it too often.

• Rich Cookson

virtual mirror is useful, what I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE is a rear view on my second monitor. I got a TFT for main screen, and a CRT for the second monitor. I would like to have the second monitor which is quite away to the side to have the rear view on it constantly that would truly rock, anyone know of anything?

• Phil123

I use the virtual mirrors and look behind with the rear view button. I have a second monitor but have not tried to use that for mirrors yet. Any thoughts on how you do this?

Phil

I use the virtual mirrors and look behind with the rear view button. I have a second monitor but have not tried to use that for mirrors yet. Any thoughts on how you do this?

Phil

You could use SoftTH to extend your view to one side or the other. I would suggest doing it to the drivers side as it will give you a larger view of the wing mirror, which together with the rearview on your main screen will give decent vision.

http://www.kegetys.net/

Personally I would like both Wietse but thats never going to happen anytime soon. I used a friends once, one of the first releases then, in some shooters and was very impressed with it. In its current and improved form its got to be worth the money if you have it.

yeah for sure

there is a budget type of track IR on witch i worked some ours (involving a webcam and some infrared LED) but i have to say responding times were not that good back then. but i think they have a newer version right now that works with a Wiimote (100 fps instead of 15 or 30 with a webcam)

Check it out. http://www.free-track.net/english/

at the moment i do with my 5.1 headset and virtual mirror... and sure sometimes thats not ideal

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%