In-car steering wheel off center on some models

Very specific question. I have a few cars where the steering wheel in the car is off center. For example, in my LaFerrari Aperta the wheel animation begins at a tilt even though my actual steering wheel is centered. Compared to the LaFerrari Speciale which is correctly centered.

If I reload a clean model of the Aperta (or other cars with this issue) it loads with a properly centered steering wheel. Changes I am making to .ini files are possibly causing this issue. Is there any setting to "adjust the default steering angle" within any .ini of the specific car?

Hopefully that makes sense. The model is not the issue.

Attachments

• LaFerrari Aperta.JPG
    LaFerrari Aperta.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Speciale.JPG
    Speciale.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 177
That'd probably be tied to driver3d.ini settings but I'm not sure how you'd end up with an offset instead of just hands and steering wheel moving at different speeds. Steering lock is in car.ini but again that won't affect the center point..

Last edited:
SUUUPER late to the conversation but ive found that if you edit the kn5 in kseditor, and touch the steering slider in car animations it does end up changing the centre point. If you import the fbx and the wheel is already center don't touch the slider! Otherwise best idea is to try and manually center the wheel with that slider. Hope it helps anyone who sees this

I'm having (almost) the same issue with my Logitech GT Wheel in AC. The Wheel on screen is 1-2 degrees rotated to the left compared to my real (centered) wheel.

I have that issue in all AC cars/mods but not in other racing-games.

Anyone an idea what I can do to solve this?
(I don't use kseditor yet)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back