AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Monday 15 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
just looked at the replay, not seeing what you are seeing, so which lap and where, just
out of interest.
i am assuming though it was 42:31 into the race, he quite rightly shut the door on you, before you were
anywhere near him you then drove onto the grass, eventually turning in to him once, then again, from the grass , coming off worse.
Previously you knocked him off ( some dozen or so laps before ), which could be argued, not very
well, that it was a racing incident. You had previously knocked Jeff of the track on the first bend.
we will call that a racing incident, it was the start.:)

just looked at the replay, not seeing what you are seeing, so which lap and where, just
out of interest.
i am assuming though it was 42:31 into the race, he quite rightly shut the door on you, before you were
anywhere near him you then drove onto the grass, eventually turning in to him once, then again, from the grass , coming off worse.
Previously you knocked him off ( some dozen or so laps before ), which could be argued, not very
well, that it was a racing incident. You had previously knocked Jeff of the track on the first bend.
we will call that a racing incident, it was the start.:)
Hi Ernie - thanks for your judgement. I was going to leave it to the process but I'll have the right of reply you have given me.

Yeah, that's the one - here's a couple of vids - I'll say no more. He's already admitted that it was malicious revenge for his earlier perceived slight - thanks for the heads up in how you think.

I don't have the reply for the early laps - I'd go with racing incident if you want - I saw he made a mistake, and took the racing line - there's a reason his clip shows my on the apex then hitting him at almost 90 degrees... while I'm on the apex and racing line - Apex & Racing Line... I suppose I could have thought that he'd come straight back across and should have backed out. I didn't, gave him too much credit.

Jeff - again no replay. The LMPs shouldn't have been there by the time we got there. I backed out of a superb start out to follow Jeff as an LMP was messing about and blocking my line, I was then hit from behind (the driver has apologised twice here) which pushed me into Jeff. I then moved off-line and slowed waiting for Jeff to rejoin (I say as much on TS as well) but nothing happened. I then continued having lost plenty of places.

Chris Down's excellent VR Reply show the above somewhat.

If I can get the replay, I'll find the inputs and track placements for the latter two.

Anyway - whatever happens, it's been an education and enlightening as to how things, and who, operate.

Nowt more from me.

Well, learned a lot from that.
Thank you for politely giving your point of view. when i first looked at the main incident, I completely agreed with you. then did an overhead rear view of car camera shot and got another completely different perspective.

Be very careful of using video camera evidence in isolation!!!!

Yours had supporting evidence. if anyone looked at my video evidence, they would have
definitely blamed you.
:)

i was looking at this because i had an incident with Craig, after seeing my replay i totally
exonerated myself, even though i had concerns at the time.
i am now wondering if my replay was, lets say, rather flattering to my view.
:(

Not want this to cloud the future experience of racing with RD. Excluding the race ending incident, there was some cracking close quarters racing at full chat with some great drivers.

Not want this to cloud the future experience of racing with RD. Excluding the race ending incident, there was some cracking close quarters racing at full chat with some great drivers.

You are right, and this should be highlighted as well. But we should be able to debate, in a friendly manner, about how some moments went wrong, especially when in my case I don't blame anybody personally.

Hey guys.

Look we don't want @Craig Dunkley to become an overlord here and edit/remove posts, but this thread is being de-railed by the on-going discussion here about who is to blame for incidents.

We ask that these happen in PM's so people are not airing their underwear in public, if you are not happy with said persons response then report the incident as per the process.

From my experience. There have been incidents during a race where I would say on TS that someone has taken me out, they tell me I am wrong etc. I then calm down, provide them evidence of said incident and they apologise, admit that they were wrong and we move on. That is how this is supposed to work.

What we don't want are threads like this.

Please, I urge you all. Think before you post.

Cheers
Paul

i have the video in my drop box if you wish to view it, just ping me a conversation and i will send it,
makes fascinating viewing. Especially now that all the facts are known.

but you may just want to forget it all.:)

i certainly now view replays with the greatest of scepticism.

Strange virtual world we live in, peeps come home from work - a good or bad day - join a race for the blast. So far so good.... some people have a bad race, but forget we're not professional drivers, we're all full of faults, make stupid mistakes (my specialty:p) tempted to let frustrations run too far sometimes. Sh1t happens.

Shake hands and make up, accept we all f**k up and move on. Life's too short;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%