AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Monday 15 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This was a great race for me. Lots of fun, nice battles with several 911's. Thanks guys. Only incident I had was that someone in the first lap bumped me sideways on the straight, pushing me onto the grass and loosing a lot of positions. Rest of the race very decent racing from both classes.

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing it.

@Craig Dunkley , just looked at the replay, no where as bad as i thought, just a little love
tap, mainly because i crossed your racing line. :)

include one question onto that, also looked at my incident with the LMP car, i was following
my racing line to the last corner, pulling over to the left to take the last right hander.
The LMP tried to squeeze up my inside, hitting my left rear.
This is not by any means a complaint, just a clarification, who in this incident should do what.
Should i have surrendered the corner, or should i carry on as if the much faster car was not there.
A confused ernie :)
not unusual :cautious:

Had a great time in the Toyota lmp! Shame I couldn't find the pace everyone else was on, because I managed to keep it clean and consistent.

I won't make next week's race due to work, but if we keep multi class races, I'll choose lmp again with hopes of improving my pace, now I know I can stay out of trouble.

I guess I messed up my setup or I ain't driving the car smooth enough. I felt like a class of my own out there like a single class lmp challenge :roflmao:.... Anyway, MO practice MO practice MO practice!

Congrats to the Podium(s) and thanks @Craig Dunkley for such great creative events:thumbsup:

Fantastic race from me, though I think I was the only one who didn't get caught up in the various incidents. Didn't expect to lead the race at all, great racing from Chris and @Asterix , sorry about your retirement. I changed tyres which was a mistake, maybe I could have got P2 ahead of Ernie if I hadn't :p

Waiting for your replay as ever Chris :p

Racing against you before, you have usually done a splash and dash, ran the whole race on mediums.
They held their pace virtually to the end, perhaps loosing a bit near the end of the race, it could have
been due to my splash and dash on the 10 min dead line, once they cooled, just a guess.
i set the car up, mainly for a long stint and it seems to have paid off.:geek:

Well Sir Dunkers @Craig Dunkley , you did it yet again... fantastic car/track combo:thumbsup:, and I am so hooked on the LMP cars now :inlove::inlove:

Massive, gargantuan, thanks to you GTE/2 guys, it must have been difficult at times, so thanks everyone for your patience... and great banter from a few of you:roflmao: Talking of which, I caught Craig and he said something like, "take me on the inside", replied with "I bet you say that to all the girls" then spun whilst looking down for my mike button:roflmao::O_o:

Happy with 2nd in the race all considered, and my first pole ever, woohoo!:D ...but must work on strategy, game was telling me a fuel load to last 30mins, that lasted 15mins! Tried to adjust on the fly for the pit stop and 'cos it was the first time I'd done it I just filled it to the brim:laugh:

Huge congrats to Enzo @Enzo Fazzi for the win, and also to the podium guys for GTE/2 - really, really hope someone puts the FULL results on simresults.net to get a better picture of what went on.

Thanks again to everyone for a great event, especially to the maestro event organiser Craig, thanks so much matey:):)

Thanks, will do, apologies for not knowing the procedure - not had to worry about it before.

Thanks to the others for some cracking racing. I was class leader adjusted for a stop. Oh well, shame.

Yes, we do not want to possible give a new driver the wrong ideas. 99% of our club events, are good clean driving, with lots of fun to be had, we pride ourselves in offering this to you. If you have an issue with another driver, which can happen from time to time, then please send me a private message and I promise you I will get it resolved. I thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Yes, we do not want to possible give a new driver the wrong ideas. 99% of our club events, are good clean driving, with lots of fun to be had, we pride ourselves in offering this to you. If you have an issue with another driver, which can happen from time to time, then please send me a private message and I promise you I will get it resolved. I thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Thanks - info sent.

Well, I'm a bit speechless by what I've witnessed. I mean, I know the Glen is a narrow track, but some things should not have happened.

I'm not targeting anyone, haven't watched the replay, but that's definitely my last WEC race here, at least with LMPs.

For me, it was a fun event, I never got involved, a clean race. I tried to stick to the fast line all the time, as I had been doing in the practice sessions that I drove in. Sometimes it just seemed easier to go wide or otherwise let the LMP have the fast line. I hope that didn't create to much confusion or problems for those cars.

What drivers were spouting on TS after they were involved in incidents was appalling, disgusting, childlike and not the kind of talk that I'm used to hearing during an RD event! Ripping people apart for their mistakes DURING the event, accusing, disrespecting and bad mouthing drivers is not how to deal with club members errors. To think that they had to PTT to send their vile messages only means it was not off the cuff but a deliberate act, unless of course they do not use PTT as they are supposed to.

I hope that in the future all drivers consider these great events to be FUN events with no more foul mouth remarks made aloud for the rest of us to be distracted by.

Well, I'm a bit speechless by what I've witnessed. I mean, I know the Glen is a narrow track, but some things should not have happened.

I'm not targeting anyone, haven't watched the replay, but that's definitely my last WEC race here, at least with LMPs.

Some people just can not read ..

and you should have already read these, but I assume you have not..

Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

To make sweeping statements like you have done, does not do anybody any good. Please follow the rules.

Great to race with you all. It was a challenge to keep it together
for 60 min. Sorry to say my pace was to slow, but nice to have try
this epic cars. Big thank you to admins. And to all podium players
great to see you´r pace a big Congratulations!!

My question still stands!!! , and is really the crux of the whole problem, or should i say , only
the negative side of mixed racing.

on another point though.

That is people ( in general ) think the faster they go, it somehow gives them some sort of divine
right over others.

Qualifying, you put all that effort and skill in to get at or near the front of the field, then in that
mad 2 seconds when you are 400 meters down the road, get into a macho battle for 2 feet of
tarmac when you still have all of the 35 laps to go!!!! why.

My stance is and always is, it’s a club race, i do not want to mess a load of peoples race
up for a macho 2 meters of track, if you want the place that much, then have it.
i will bide my time and get it back, if i do not get it back, then it’s saved everyone including
myself a lot of hassle.

back to my original point....

This is the problem with this class , are the GTE boys subservient back markers to the LMP
cars , you could politely say true blue flaggers, are we a race within a race, that we have
our own autonomy.
Thus the LMP drivers have to find a safe way past that does not in any way effect the GTE
race.:)

Some people just can not read ..

and you should have already read these, but I assume you have not..

Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

To make sweeping statements like you have done, does not do anybody any good. Please follow the rules.

I can't read ? Which rule have I broken ?

You seem to miss the point. My message was aimed to share my feelings after this race. It is in no means targeted to someone in particular, see for yourself that I have been vague and haven't mentioned anybody. This is in no way to undermine RD staff efforts to organize events, if anything I'm grateful for them because it is overall clean and enjoyable.

But am I in the wrong to share what I've concluded for this race ? It's welcomed when everything goes right, but if not we should stay quiet ?

Nothing particular happened to me. I made a mistake, then got pushed a few times out of the track but nothing enough for a report. I just wanted to say that I don't like it when more than half of the LMP field in the first couple laps. Maybe my first comment is a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but it is still valid and my opinion as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%