AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Silverstone - Monday 22 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Got entangled with @Asterix and the front row start incident.:(
There I was at the back of the field, with @Craig Dunkley, giving me some stick,:( luckily he got in a bit of a tangle with someone and I luckily got let of the hook there.:thumbsup:

I think that was due to a big incident on the 3rd corner,
and was lucky to be gifted 4 or 5 places back.

@Spilskinanka , one minute i was quite happily following you, i had given up with an any attempt to over take ( it just was not on ). although bridging the gap was mainly down to Jame’s and yourself having a tussle which gave me a good opportunity to close that gap.
The last 1 second was a struggle, So.....

I was going to try my luck with the pit stop, but I pretty much knew that was not on.

James was too quick for me, I either had to hope for an off, but even then it would have to be in the last three laps or so, and I knew he was on a splash and dash by then.

So, that was all a long shot.

@HF2000 , had been way out in front most of the time, so no need to think about Han either.

So have resigned myself to just knocking off the laps till the finish.

Matt suddenly got his rear left tyre on the grass when at full throttle. And disappeared at 90 degrees.
Something had happened to Han , I do not know what.

Suddenly I was in second, :rolleyes:did not need to worry about James he was some 6 seconds off up front.
Could not see James making any mistakes.
So from almost last place and being accompanied
with just “luck”, managed second.:rolleyes:

Just goes to show what plodding can achieve..:)

Thank’s to @Craig Dunkley for the organisation of this event.:)

There I was at the back of the field, with @Craig Dunkley, giving me some stick,:( luckily he got in a bit of a tangle with someone and I luckily got let of the hook there.:thumbsup:

@Spilskinanka , one minute i was quite happily following you, i had given up with an any attempt to over take ( it just was not on ). although bridging the gap was mainly down to Jame’s and yourself having a tussle which gave me a good opportunity to close that gap.

I was going to try my luck with the pit stop, but I pretty much knew that was not on.

James was too quick for me, I either had to hope for an off, but even then it would have to be in the last three laps or so, and I knew he was on a splash and dash by then.

@HF2000 , had been way out in front most of the time, so no need to think about Han either.

Matt suddenly got his rear left tyre on the grass when at full throttle. And disappeared at 90 degrees.

Suddenly I was in second, :rolleyes:did not need to worry about James he was some 6 seconds off up front.

Yes at point I remember seeing you and telling myself to keep with you, but I just could not, you had great pace :thumbsup:

I was euforic being second and seeing you finally disappear from my mirror (you were faster though) but I let myself to be distracted by a LMP1 in the esses to spin onto the grass. Found myself back to 6th position in class :cry::cry::cry: and finished 5th.

There's that setup i promised in TS
Thanks for this Joel, really appreciated:thumbsup:

...still can't get my head round why I had the rear locking up so unpredictably, even with massive front brake bias, is the energy gathering affecting the rear brakes (pressure/power) in a different way to the Toyota and Audi? .... which I found to be super predictable:O_o:

Thanks for this Joel, really appreciated:thumbsup:

...still can't get my head round why I had the rear locking up so unpredictably, even with massive front brake bias, is the energy gathering affecting the rear brakes (pressure/power) in a different way to the Toyota and Audi? .... which I found to be super predictable:O_o:
Its not necessarily the rear locking up, but rather the rear losing grip 'cause of rotation/body roll. With that setup i could trailbrake into corners pretty safely, except maybe towards end of race(ran with 1 set of tires).

I was using 59.2-59.6 brake bias in the race and 58.8 in Quali with a 25% Coast and I had no significant issues during braking/corner entry.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back