1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU IMSA Multiclass @ Imola - Sun 29Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 29-10-17
  1. JoelK

JoelK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +278
    Kinda the same feeling here, the cost of it take a lot from the experience. Thats why it would be really cool if we could run these more often.

2. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Having the luxury of triple screens and the real estate this allows, I would like to see the entire HUD become modular, in my personal situation most things fall into a decent enough position but for single screen users (40" tv's are becoming very popular, thanx to Georg) it must be pure hell.
    While I'm at it, I use the mini track map when racing online, helps make sure I don't pull back on track in front of anyone, be nice to colour code this, inline with any changes to the position bar, save pulling out in front of a faster class. Having said all that, if the HUD was modular, it would probably only be the chat box that I'd move, well maybe the mini dash to the centre on cars I can't see the dash on, I use a 0.6 FOV so that's quite often.

With regards to foundations first, in a perfect world, we'd all agree but S3 began with a product that was intended for a totally different application and personally I think minor miracles have been achieved since release. I concur, many things are lacking and content still rolls out but then bills and wages must be paid. Plus it's the old adage, track artists draw tracks, Physics people tinker with logarithms and Georg drives Sims all day, everyone has a job. Some things taking way longer than others, so I kind of get it. Fancy no major core game features will change until the jump to U4, whereupon the whole process of adding features will be simplified due to U4's modular approach.
    So for me personally, I just see all new content as a double bonus, as I get to drive a new car/track on release, then, hopefully by the end of next year everything I own in RR will be getting the DX11 makeover.
    What with the GT3's getting a physics overhaul soon, to me that just means hours of fun relearning the whole class again, evolution baby!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    :roflmao: Have far more chance of dying of old age than getting the go ahead for any surgery, been waiting for a new hip for 3 years and have now been told that I can have one when I'm 10 years from my death bed, bit of a postcode lottery with regards to who gets what and when in Blighty at the moment, the NHS is emploding, my local Medical Centre couldn't be trusted with splinter removal, guess what I'm trying to say is, surgery is most definitely off the table, probably come out with more problems than what I went in with anyway.
    Now Arthritis has set in I'm adapting, rather than waiting for any help.
    You're right on the mental aspect of coping, I have had and still have a lot of medical problems but losing the use of my right arm (I'm right handed) has been the single most debilitating injury I have had, total misery, no real world or virtual driving or riding, simple things in life are a chore, all round bloody nightmare, as you well know.
    Thanx for the advice, brothers in arm! ;)

• Like Like x 1