EU IMSA Multiclass @ Imola - Sun 29Oct17

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 29-10-17
  1. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    To be honest the system I've described is in virtually in every other SIM in some form or another. I consider as standard, a basic standard for today's SIMs. Raceroom has been around since early 2013, Assetto Corsa late 2014. World's apart. I guess you get my point.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,306
    To be fair we only got MP in 2015, the game was not originally designed to have it and some of the initial game decisions still have the ability to bite it on the behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Agree, would prefer to see colour coding per class!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    The old shoulder seems to have given up the ghost, have tried the hot/cold treatment many times over the years and have had several steroid injections to boot, nothing seems to help apart from rest, if I don't use it then it slowly improves, sadly even with FFB turned off, just a few laps aggravates it, appears to be the rotation rather than any forces causing the issue. I did have a frozen shoulder 10 years ago after a high side on/off my TuonoR, on a frosty January morning, high up on Bodmin Moor. Been a biker all my life, so have had my fair share of injuries but none has given more aggro than this particularly injury. Think maybe, when and if things improve I should stick to sprints!
    Cheers for the medical tips! :thumbsup:

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    You could even have a little logo to signify which class like in the menus.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    Trust me when I tell you I know what you're going through. And I know it's devastating for your physical and your mental health. As things like this causes absolute havoc to your lifestyle. Which only increases as you run out of options of relief. The only thing I have left to suggest you is surgery if it is applicable to your situation. Which I really hope it is and you investigated as an option of relief. When I messed up my shoulder I was instantly in surgery for 11 and a half hours to rebuild my shoulder socket remove my collarbone from my lung and put 3 ribs back on my spine and a mixture of things to my shoulder blade. And over the following two years two more surgeries to add pins( nuts and bolts) and replace pins etc. And I was addicted to morphine for the following nine years. But I'm pretty well ok nowadays after near an eye 23 years. But I did have an incident earlier this year that a pin got broken and had to be removed but all is good at present. So please m8 investigate surgery option no matter what country that option may lies. Good luck.

PS: Sorry if I went on about myself too much but I wanted you to understand I do know what you're going through. Even if you're told nothing more can be done always get a second opinion, a third, fourth and so on. Anyway mate never give up. Hope to see you on the track, as we all do, as soon as you're able.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    You're right Peter. And how simple would that to be applied. It just seems to me with this update and I use the word update loosely as a seem to have removed, instead of adding a feature.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    Definitely. When there was GT2's behind me I had no idea of their position on track, whether they we're lapping me or behind me. I think in general the HUD needs a revamp, the lap time counter for example moves from the top left in qualifying to the middle in the race.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    Once again I totally agree with you. As it is very difficult to distinguish between the two a GT3 car and a GT2 car in your mirrors. With a scenario of which one of these cars do I let through if they're both in your mirrors. With only one showing in your time bar. And speaking of the hud elements, was it made for the visually impaired.:roflmao: far too big and some of it popping up just where you don't want it. And speaking of just where you don't want it I know for a fact as I've asked as have many others, why isn't it movable and resizable? I'm personally getting to the stage that I will not be buying any more content basically because I want the content that we have to work as it should and as required by the consumer. I have no concerned about quantity of content I am concerned about the quality of that content. This is been a growing concern of mine as I think profits become priority over support and quality. This goes for all gaming manufacturers. A prime example of this is Project Cars 2 fantastic game with revolutionary features only to be issued with more bugs than a very large pile of horse:poop:.

10. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    Good points as well. Disconnects and penalties right in the eye line really annoys me in RRE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    Can I also request that we mix up the classes for a multiclass race in the future. I personally feel the GT2 and GT3 class are too close (there is .5 between the WR in GT2 and GT3 on Imola). Perhaps P2, GT3, TT VLN, or P2, GT2, TT VLN?

• Love Love x 1
  12. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    Thank you and yes they are.
    Don't get me wrong I think raceroom is one of the best that's why I chose it to play Here race department. But I really think and always have done that the base elements of the game need to be fixed, updated and improved before any further content.
    You cannot build a nice house without sufficient foundations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JoelK

JoelK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    That P2, GT3, TT VLN
    Combo sounds cool ! But imo what comes to that position bar unclearness, they should implement something that works like the Realtime app in AC, which color-codes cars depending on what lap they're on relative to your current lap. Also it shows cars overall positions which helps preparing to overtake guys who're battling for position in their own class.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +749
    Don't forget top right in LeaderBoard challenges too. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago

• Like Like x 2
  15. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    Strange how it moves around so much. Surely it would make sense that top left is position and right is lap time throughout.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug
    Premium

Ratings:
    +749
    Yes i find it very annoying when taking a left hand corner for it to be covered with names of drivers crossing the start finish line. Not to mention chat popping up in yellow for 2 secs with no way of looking back at past messages

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,032
    I don't know if you've ever driven in VR but the situation that you're referring to has literally cause me to stack it. So the situation in VR with some of the elements of the hud is treacherous to put it mildly.

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,571
    I believe they are aware that HUD/UI needs some improvements.

BTW, that list of drivers on the left popping up - I just disabled the overlays. Most of the stuff I want stays on or can be turned on anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +841
    Being in the overlay subject, also annoying I think, is the "Race Finish in xxxsec" banner that mostly blocks your (virtual) rearview mirror.
    When under pressure of a fellow racer in your back, as I find myself several times in those final moments of the race, it's really hard to figure out where he/she is and how to defend and/or not cock-up both our races...
    So Sector3, please find a better place to stick that "Race Finish" banner other than the rear mirror thank you very much.:cautious:
    Also totally agree that in MC races, different classes could/should be told apart using color/symbols and, in the time bar, the ALL pack should be visible to ALL racers , and not just the racers in your class.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +482
    Great fun, been awhile since i enjoyed simracing that much but was it worth the 7€, no.
    Even had me check out the multiplayer browser after, only to find out i will probably never race this combo again since its dead. The sound, overtaking GT cars and the feeling of the car outstanding .. oh well back to AC :/

• Like Like x 1