Tracks IMSA Champions AI Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Ogonoski submitted a new resource:

IMSA Champions AI Mod - Refined driving lines for popular American road courses in Assetto Corsa.

View attachment 287981
Simple universal AI line updates for a handful of American tracks that were on the 2016 IMSA schedule. First release is intended to be used as a demo to gauge public feedback, and features five of the ten planned circuits.

AI adhere to more human-like driving lines and braking zones.

Lines recorded with the Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype and work best with GT/Prototype classes, but have generated across-the-board improvements for outlier classes such as...

Read more about this resource...

Hey. I tried most of them. Here's a bit of feedback: Most of them provide a lot faster AI laptimes and you didn't even use AI hints, which is good, because it keeps car compatibility for a track at a maximum. What you need to work on are the track limits. Especially on sebring they are totally broken. I'd suggest you look into esotic's excellent AI line helper app, which helps recording left and right track limits. Without propper track limits the AI tends to try to overtake going through walls or divebomb when they really shouldn't.

Apart from that: Good job. I kept the Daytona one especially. Improved the AI lap times for the 911 rsr by nearly 2 seconds.

What you need to work on are the track limits. Especially on sebring they are totally broken. I'd suggest you look into esotic's excellent AI line helper app, which helps recording left and right track limits. Without propper track limits the AI tends to try to overtake going through walls or divebomb when they really shouldn't.

Perfect, will look into this ASAP.

I tested the Laguna Seca update and there is still an issue with the starts. Inside line has a few cars about 5 rows back from the leader that don't move. I am testing with a full 24 car grid of an assortment of GT3 cars.

Sebring links to a page that doesn't exist. Tried the AI lanes on the RD version and it doesn't work. Any change we can get a new link to your Sebring track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%