Improving visual quality

I've been doing some laps in the Civic recently, I really enjoy driving that car and playing a bit more rFactor 2 since I upgraded my PC. I've got everything set to maximum to try and get rFactor 2 looking as good as possible but there are still a few small niggles like the mirror looks very low res. I wondered if there are any tweaks outside of the UI, perhaps in an .ini file somewhere that could improve the quality further, has anyone done any tweaks like this outside of the in game options to improve the visuals or have any tips?

i know GSC has a hi-res mirror replacement mod. they really stand out in rf2 to me as well & i'd like to see a similar mod made for it if there isn't one already.

if you have nvidia, you can download or use nvidia inspector, select rfactor2.exe, & change the AA setting. i have mine set AA mode- override & AA setting - 8xS.

yeah if you look in the .plr file in the user directory ...rFactor2\UserData\player\player.PLR and navigate aprox half way down to the [ Graphic Options ] section you can turn on a lot more graphical options, make a backup of the unedited version before changing settings and then your safe to play around. As yusupov said the nvidia control panel is good for forcing settings like AA.

edit: another good thing to play with is the time of day, later in the day gives some nice lighting effects with longer shadows, each track seems to work differently with times of day so its best to play around 4.30pm-7.30pm depending on the track

test video i made to show a friend how the game looked maxed out @ 6:30pm

Last edited:
Reactions: Si

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back