F1 2012 Improvement Tips

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
F12012 MUST have Brazil as an option for your drivers nationality, instead of as in 2011, where you have no choice but to make Ayrton Senna a European, because there is no Brazil option, even though Rubens is correctly depicted as Brazillian.
That was a really bad oversight by someone!
Are you blind?

In addition it will be good when CM create the AI pace for 2012 not to make slower cars only slower on the straights. It's stupid to see a Williams passin a Lotus with over 30 km/h difference while they use same engines. I know I know but 30 km/h is too much. I mean in Australia Lotus can't go over 300 while in a Williams 310 is not a problem. I think backmarkers are slower than other cars in corners not on the straights. If you see a real life comparison even the HRT is not more than 6-7 km/h slower than others.

Id like to see a more immersive racing driver experience. When in the garage getting out of the car and walking over to the relevant engineers to enquire about whats going on, graphs and charts to show braking and throttle respones, and then outside the garage able to wander and talk to over drivers and teams when looking for a new contract negotiations more extensive. And then a training regime to help your driver grow and therefore feel like you have built up through the necessary levels to become a better driver. And then make the ai much better, far to easy right now.

Personal as one of the league organisers I would Like to see more control for online game hosts and dedicated servers. EA could do a lot more to help and encourage online competitions and championships imo.
The problem with EA for me is there servers are crap, they make good games though. I think Codemasters should start doing things like Turn 10, if they do bring out the classic DLC in 2013, I'd love it if they only gave you the tracks, then you have to races in something like a rivals mode to win cars.

Riposted by someone else on another forum:

Perhaps Codemasters could do a variant on this, with an extra set of achievements that can only be completed in a hardcore simulation mode. Completing an objective would unlock a former World Champion's helmet, which you could then view in a "trophy room", or use online. For example, scoring eight consecutive pole positions could unlock Ayrton Senna's helmet (since Senna himself did it). Winning the championship before the thirteenth race of the season could unlock Michael Schumacher's 1994-1995 helmet (since Schumahcer won the 2002 title after 11 races, or 64% of the season; 64% of 20 is 13). Winning a race four Grands Prix into your career could unlock Jacques Villeneuve's helmet (as Villeneuve won the fourth race of his first season). Winning a race from 17th on the grid could unlock Kimi Raikkonen's (since Raikkonen won the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix from 17th on the grid). And so on and so forth, with one achievement for each of the thirty-two World Champions.

And as for me, I want a trophy room and and classic F1.

When you pit for fresh tyres they are already at optimum temperature. If you watch the pitstops in real life you will see them take the tyre warmers off as late as possible to keep them warm enough for the car. Im tired of using cold tyres coming out of the pits and spinning everytime when i accelerate

When you pit for fresh tyres they are already at optimum temperature. If you watch the pitstops in real life you will see them take the tyre warmers off as late as possible to keep them warm enough for the car. Im tired of using cold tyres coming out of the pits and spinning everytime when i accelerate
Not true, (irl) they need more or less a lap to reach operational temp after pit stop.

A few things that bug me about this game, Im in career mode with Williams, at every venue, I do my out lap, in practice or in Qualifying and the first car I get to on my first hot lap, Barrichello, in real life, no team would send out a driver that would get in the way on his team mates hot lap, they would hold him back and bring him out behind.

RAIN, now that's annoying, I don't seem to be having any 100% dry races, it always rains at some point. AI cars on slicks in the wet is not right.

AI cars that hit me while I'm trying to lap them and I get the drive through penalty, AI cars ramming in me in general really.

Lapped cars that will not unlap themselves, I just raced at Spa and forgot I had fuel mix 3 on and with a few laps to go the warning light came on so I went to mix 1 and slowed wherever I could. I ended up with a queue forming behind me.

I'd like to see retired cars on the circuit and cars that have caused the safety car to be deployed being worked on.

View race highlights after a race so you can see crashes after a race, maybe watch from on board camera's too AND AI incidents penalized.

RANT OVER (for now)

A few things that bug me about this game, Im in career mode with Williams, at every venue, I do my out lap, in practice or in Qualifying and the first car I get to on my first hot lap, Barrichello, in real life, no team would send out a driver that would get in the way on his team mates hot lap, they would hold him back and bring him out behind.

RAIN, now that's annoying, I don't seem to be having any 100% dry races, it always rains at some point. AI cars on slicks in the wet is not right.

AI cars that hit me while I'm trying to lap them and I get the drive through penalty, AI cars ramming in me in general really.

Lapped cars that will not unlap themselves, I just raced at Spa and forgot I had fuel mix 3 on and with a few laps to go the warning light came on so I went to mix 1 and slowed wherever I could. I ended up with a queue forming behind me.

I'd like to see retired cars on the circuit and cars that have caused the safety car to be deployed being worked on.

View race highlights after a race so you can see crashes after a race, maybe watch from on board camera's too AND AI incidents penalized.

RANT OVER (for now)

One more thin, Rain percent, whats all that about???
If the percentage is how much of the race will be wet ie. 60% of the race distance, how could your team possibly know that during Friday practice??
If the percentage is how likely it is to get rain, if the race starts as a wet race then it should be 100% chance of rain, cos its raining, not 60%

AAAAAAARRRRRRR ANOYING, I'm racing at Monza in career, on a flying lap in Q3 when I opened my DRS a little early the first corner after the second chicane and span off the track. I ended up facing the wrong way and there were cars coming round so I'm slowly creeping forward aiming to spin it round after the cars have gone when "PENALTY" and a 10 place starting grid position drop!!!!!!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%