Improvement suggestions

G

If you have suggestions to improve RACE post them here. After some time we will send a summary of it to Simbin development

- player names on the car
- save replays
- only one car can be selected in an online game
- two cars on same spot of starting grid
- invisible car bug
- driving through pit without stop bug

names on cars

I think there is not a single online racer out there who would not want to have his own name on the cars instead of the original ones. On the one hand it would make the experience more personal, on the other hand you would not be overtaken by Farfus three times in a row, which is kind of surreal.

As Evonglan mentioned in his first reply, the driver names online could be changed by your OWN name. But another option is that only 1 driver can drive a car. Like if someone is driving Priaulx's car, no-one else can drive that particular car. This is also a solution to not be passed by the same "driver" multiple times.

only one of each driver per race

as MrMystic said, the "one driver only" solution is also nice: I imagine that you are only presented with the available cars, i.e. the ones not already taken, as you go online. If there are for instance no chevrolets left, you could get a generic chevrolet, that is a black one, a red one, a yellow one etc.
That way, one could also do "Chevrolet only" events, or "Peugoet only" events without having to choose the same driver (e.g. Erdman)again and again.

• {StigS}DaSusPect

TheStig[RPM said:
]I would like to see if my friends are online, just as in GTR2 and Race Driver series
Never played GTR2, but I was an huge fan of Rd2. An ingame friendlist with options to invite and chat over servers would be nice. Just found out that if you send a message via Steam to an friend in an server, then steam will minimize RACE to the tray for that person you sent to. Not nice if you are in the middle of an chicane and is about to overtake. Not nice at all :evil:

yep, thats why i dont use the steamfriendlist anymore. maybe xfire should come up with a function to support RACE. They show the message in the game with a popup.
But i fully agree that it is s****y when you crash back to the desktop.
A possible solution we use is to login to teamspeak when you go play online, so you can tell eachother where you hang out. But TS is not used among a lot of players (they dont want to talk during races, or dont have the proper equipment)

• {StigS}DaSusPect

I saw a weird bug in the lineup on the second race yesterday in the same server as a couple of you RPM-guys was.
In front of me, I saw some sort of a hybrid between the alfa and leon :? When the lights turned red, the leon took a huge jump backwards and stood between me and the car to the right of me...To make it short; the alfa and the leon stood on the same position and melted together...
Anyone else saw this?

worst bug ever please fix quick

i think the dump bug is not as bad as the invisible car bug, because you never even get to start the race with the dump bug, but ramming into invisible cars a lap from the finish is devastating.
we had a fun race tonight in valencia. i impressed the stig with a nice two wheeler in the chevy (did you have fraps turned on?) in the first race. in the second race, after being knocked out by a would be priaulx in turn 1 i followed this chap. he lagged real bad and everytime he lagged very very very bad, he produced an invisible car! the bloody things were all over the place and i kept slamming into them. not funny at all. fellow left in lap 4 and my lap 5 time was 8 sec !!! better than the ones before.

now, i guess simbin would do best to fix the bugs before they fiddle with addons etc. if your house is still a building site do not call for a new extension! :(

i would really be happy if i could race on-line normally.... today i was trying to join Stiggy and Woofer, but in every 2 minutes i lost connection with the host...

Hope with the league server this will be not the case for me, i would be the most sad people in the world if i cant join the RPM league in Race.... :cry:

ALL the cars and tracks from the year 1987 WTCC would be nice

Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo
BMW M3
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth
Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth
Holden VL Commodore
Maserati Biturbo
Nissan Skyline GTS-R
Toyota Supra Turbo

tracks

Monza
Jarama
Dijon
Nürburgring
Spa
Brno
Silverstone
Bathurst
Calder
Wellington
Fuji

here is a link with picture en info on the cars and results of that year

WTCC 1987

• FOG-Racecarmike

Get them to look at the technology on rFactor and get the same online code as them!!! People of dial-up can race in a server with no LAG!!!! I got it and I play it online all the time. Race + GTR2 don't match it! It is also completely PC friendly too. The game is always new too when you download mods. So come on Simbin get your bloody act together!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%