Resource icon

DiRT Rally Improved Dash Cams V3

Login or Register an account to download this content

Msportdan

@Simberia
Msportdan submitted a new resource:

New Dash Cams Msportdan - edited cams

New tweaked dash cams that's zoomed in a bit more bit like RBRs cam.
All have differing wheel positions so not exact in the same place on screen. Fiesta im not happy with due to low down wheel.

INSTALL: extract zip, then copy and overwrite model folder with model folder in DIRT folder. Only overwrite the cam files.

have fun!

Example screen:
av1jxg.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Awesome mod, it actually pulls the dash cam back a bit for me (using triples) to give almost every car a perfect view right where my real wheel lines up. Just wish CM would let us get rid of that God forsaken on screen wheel. Thanks for the mod, its great!

P.S. which value did you change? When I open the XML document it looks like gobledygook, I'd like to make a few personal tweaks. Thanks!

Last edited:
As I said I may revise the fiesta cam as the wheel isn't in view. My aim was to have the top of all,wheels in view. I will have a go.

Think my personal fav cam was the mini cooper s.

Ah, I see. Personally I don't want the wheel on screen at all, because my wheel is already in front of the screen, but I moved the Y axis up 3 in the "generic" file on the dash cam section, and now everything is perfect for me. No wheel on screen, and not right up against the windshield as if i'm trying to lick it, just perfect!

with my eyes been a bit more fresher im in the process of updating this pack. Just making views a bit more consistent with eachother, so to seem like you have the same length arms in every car lol.

Bare with :)

oh see what you mean.. i will lower that one if you want.. Wont be able to until tomorrow.

i want to keep the depth the same, but s there any more that too low..

Thank you.for noticing. :)

I want to come forward just as muth so i dont se the steering wheel at all, but i dont find whare in the xml file to edit cam possission? Msportdan Can you tell me whare in the xml file with line to edit please.

The file is inside the Cars-Models-(choose what model you want to alter)Cameras.xml. The line you're looking for is "<View type="Head" ident="dash-cam"

The line to alter is "Position" there is an XYZ value.

If you aren't sure what car goes with what folder, just check the "bundles" file inside of each folder within the models folder, that will give you a better idea of what car you're working with.

The file is inside the Cars-Models-(choose what model you want to alter)Cameras.xml. The line you're looking for is "<View type="Head" ident="dash-cam"

The line to alter is "Position" there is an XYZ value.

If you aren't sure what car goes with what folder, just check the "bundles" file inside of each folder within the models folder, that will give you a better idea of what car you're working with.
OK Thanks i appreciate your help, i will give it a try : )

Thank you very much! This is the best version from the 3. However no I can't unsee a funny bug on the dash. :D Look at the picture. Left side of the wheel and right side of the gauge. There is that round metal which reflect the enviroment not the cockpit. LoL Hopefully devs will fix it.

Attachments

• 2015-05-02_00001.jpg
    2015-05-02_00001.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 589
Will try these, V2 was too close to the windscreen for me in most cars.
Most still do not look high enough either, need cushion on seat.
Maybe not possible to raise them and angle down slightly as per real life, you do not look across the top of wheel in real car unless a midget.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%