Impressions on driving after 1.3

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
AC just gone wrong with what made it stand out in the crowd: FFB.
All the details are gone, now it just feels like a slightly improvement on GSCE ffb.
Also, they mentioned the new tire model would cause LESS understeer on GT cars. Well, at least for me it works, until the car hits 100 kph where at some point it just magically starts to go straight, without a single tip or notice that it's going to happen.
At least to me, it is a huge stepback from what they have done so far.

PS: I would like to know if anyone is able to match GT2 pace around spa, where in WEC qualy this year, drivers were putting high 2:16s to low 2:17s

Don't use too low ffb. Don't worry much about clipping in some moments. You need a higher ffb, 100% gain/ffb to feel the car at all or most of the times. For gt2/3 100 may be too heavy in some tracks, so use 90 or 80. But for most if not all street cars, use 100. If you have logitech, use overall forces 100.

All I can say is that all the cars I’ve tried feel much more alive (mostly the new cars and some old ones but with the tiremodel v5) than before. I can feel what is happening and for me it’s more predictable – when the back tries to break away I can now catch it easier than in the old build, which is much fun when you drive the RWD Ruf or the new Bimmer for example. The car of the pack is the Ford GT40 for me, it’s an absolut blast to drive! Wish it would have a good challenger from that same era…somebody please build a Darche 917, Lola T70, Ferrari 312P etc.

Barcelona is ok, it’s not one of my favourites, however the more tracks we have the better for online gaming (since many server don’t use mods). Now we just need Brands Hatch and hopefully other iconic tracks.

On the technical side I have the impression that my fps improved and that the microstuttering is gone, but that can also relate to some changes I made in the nvidia inspector.

u sure mikaela from someone thinks DR is a bit unrealistic, saying AC is near perfection. I think its more near pcars than ever now?!

Ai is just as reckless as pcars and the cars are forgiving as hell

u sure mikaela from someone thinks DR is a bit unrealistic, saying AC is near perfection. I think its more near pcars than ever now?!

exactly what I just wrote on AC forums :) .. that it is on R3E or pCars level of forgivenes but what differs it from pC is it feels natural ...

I just spent several hours with the m4. I was a little put off by the braking and grip at first then I had to remember that I was in a road car with street tires. So I needed to adjust my braking points and entry speed. All I can say is I'm in love. When I ran over a rumble strip and my entire setup shook, I knew I was in for something good. The car is so communicative. Even with traction control off, I could modulate the throttle and steer the rear with the pedal. Love. Not to bash Iracing by any means but I also ran a ghost race tonight in the z4 at Road Atlanta and I can say the m4 is way more communicative than the racing Bimmer in Iracing. I can't wait to jump in the racing cars when I get home from work. Needless to say, I'll be spending some time going through the cars this weekend. Upon initial impressions, I have no complaints at the moment. Good job Kunos.

p.s. I also ran a quick race in the Countach: same thing...car drove how I would expect an old super car to drive and I knew exactly what the car was doing around Monza. Love. lol

AC was the reason i went from console gaming to PC and loved them and AC, now its just another pcars clone. For me the 3 last true pc sims and great customer warming devs.

RF2
GSC
RRe (dont play but i admire their work and ethics)

maybe i just got a tired knackred stefano. :(

ill give AC a better go tonight, but driving the alfa155 and the mclaren gtr was awful feeling. Steering ration is much needed in that game

Last edited:

I didn't say it was close to perfection but one step closer to perfection.
Sure they still take me out for no reason but all in all it is better than 1.2
If I've said DR was a bit unrealistic I'll take it back cause I am a total addict by now after Flying Finland.

Regarding pCars - I couldn't care less ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i thinks its being prepped to be converted for console lots of gamepad users feels its better, well i think its awful on wheel. (sorry not awful just not as good as could be)

its just a forza pcars clone..

i couldnt care less for that,

Last edited:
i thinks its being prepped to be converted for console lots of gamepad users feels its better, well i think its awful on wheel. (sorry not awful just not as good as could be)

its just a forza pcars clone..

i couldnt care less for that,

I've no idea how you can say it feels closer to pCars or Forza (wtf). After some club racing yesterday, my initial reaction was - "wow, this feels like Stock Car Extreme". Maybe it's to do with tyre model V5 or something other, I really don't know. I thought the FFB improved tenfold on my G27.

its very forgiving.... i can get into some ridiculous positions in my car and recover, either im a very good sim driver or the sim is forgiving, ill go with the latter.

Well, bringing a car into an unrecoverable spin should be pretty difficult to do in real life. I've always thought that other games handled this pretty terribly, because once things went sideways, you had to either know the games' physics engine really well or just go off into the runoff. (remember iRacing's old tyre model? holy **** that was bad)

AC has handled this pretty well in most cases and I think it still does after the update. The new tyres made some of the odd low speed behaviour much more predictable (more realistic in my opinion).

My suggestion would be, give it a bit of time. Go into the game with a fresh mindset and fresh setups if you've not already done that.

My suggestion would be, give it a bit of time. Go into the game with a fresh mindset and fresh setups if you've not already done that.

I remember when I first tried AC EA on day 1.

I felt like: Is this really it ?
But after a couple of hours I was convinced.
The mind can play some strange tricks on you sometimes.

I personally didn't touch AC for weeks prior to 1.3 + Dream DLC due to becoming addicted to DR but 1.3 is definitely a step in the right direction and I will most certainly be adding time to the +850 hours that I already have put into AC.

It's a good time to be a sim racer in 2015 :D
AC & DR - What more do you need :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%