DiRT 4 Impossible to mod DiRT 4?

here is my guide on making better liveries on DiRT4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4dyoraln81fusw7/The+“Make+better+liveries+for+DiRT4”+guide+by+UDegani.pdf
includes information on:
how maps works
how to edit the spec maps
what each map does on DiRT4
what sRGB means and when to use it
how to save your textures

What are the chances of getting a guide made for using paint.net with the photoshop addon?
only asking as i'm having issues creating the glass with my name on within this program

Please make a donation if you modify the position of the dashboard in all cars because the foc changes the physics. I'm talking for 3 monitors will make a good donation but I want it to work online online without problems.

Gettin' the Audi slowly done...Monte Carlo 1986 livery - even though you can't race at the Monte in this game!
20170804163555_1.jpg

Do definitely need wireframe & 3d-modell for that one, trial & error takes to much time due to compressing the pssg to the nefs-file.
Anybody an idea where/how to get those frames/3d-models??
20170804163846_1.jpg

The problem with modded nefs-files for cars is, that when you use such a car for a community event your times won't be uploaded to the leaderboards!!!!!
Did the weekly Group B challenge with the edited Audi Quattro yesterday and my times weren't uploaded.
I started the monthly challenge and chose the Renault R5, did the first stage with the original nefs-file and everything was ok, my time was uploaded to the leaderboard. Then I quit the game and changed to r5t.nefs and started the game to continue with stage 2. My times wasn't put on th eleaderboards. So I quit the game again, changed the nefs back to the original and started D4. There was no time for stage 2 and I could do it again. This time my time was uploaded to the leaderboards... This also happened to someone else...

Seems the game recognizes when the nefs-file has been edited and blocks the upload of stage times!!!!

Hopefully it won't be in the clubs...or we have to find a solution!

Also it is necessary to replace custom liveries each time after every update :mad:
The patching process sucks as hell.

And regarding modding... Stupid idea of RGB, Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels.
God damn... In DiRT Rally it was so easy to create shiny, reflective or matte liveries. Now I have to edit each one of them separately performing some kind of "black magic" over it and hoping that this time everything is done correctly. Meh... :(

At the moment I am trying to figure out how to achive a shiny black paint instead of matte.

Piece of :poop:!
I am very disappointed with that solution.

Last edited:
It saves 306_wheel_d.tga.dds in the form of BC1 4bpp (sRGB DX10+) but it looks like this. why?

Probably you might be wrong when replacing pssg. Nefs editor replaces pssg what currently selected and highlighted no matter whether the file name is different.
If you want to replace "306_tex_tm_high_00.pssg" you have to select and highlighting "306_tex_tm_high_00.pssg" and replace it.
ex.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back