DiRT 4 Impossible to mod DiRT 4?

Interesting quote I found on the r/dirtgame subreddit regarding the patterns...
Yeah, I saw it too. So as @fakez said, we shall do that for the cars we want to play with. Easy! :)

And today I tried to make a livery for Mitsubishi Evo X in DiRT Rally using one of the patterns from DiRT 4. Despite the fact that those patterns are all in low resolution, the end effect looks quite interesting.

310560_screenshots_20170615084422_1.jpg

And there are also a lot of others possibilities, as below 'work in progress'...

20170615123309_1.jpg

Yeah, I saw it too. So as @fakez said, we shall do that for the cars we want to play with. Easy! :)

And today I tried to make a livery for Mitsubishi Evo X in DiRT Rally using one of the patterns from DiRT 4. Despite the fact that those patterns are all in low resolution, the end effect looks quite interesting.

View attachment 196696

And there are also a lot of others possibilities, as below 'work in progress'...

View attachment 196697

The last pic really highlights how much better the new lighting is in D4!

so here is some stuff i learned from messing with the files on the game, as mentioned here before i did posted on reddit about the patterns, about every single patterns being custom made for every one of the 55 cars in the game, meaning if we were to make a martini pattern for all the cars in the game we would have to make it 55 times which take a lot of work to do, but i do intend on making 8 patters with realistic racing paint scheme like martini, gulf, falken etc, it will take time and it will be big in size but i think it will be worth it, regarding the cars from what i have seen all the cars on D4 that were in DR have the same model, witch means the liveries made for them on DR would work on D4 with very minor adjustments, but i have noticed that some stuff has changed, mostly stuff that deals with shaders, i believe that there is a different file that handles reflections than the traditional specocc file that was on the DR liveries, i didn't managed to open it to check because they use a different newer DDS compression method, with i think it may get broken with the current method of unpacking the files, i also intend to convert all my liveries from DR to D4, and look into making helmets/suits, that take more influence from the colors of the team, i already noticed that they do take almost all of the team colors but besides the main color they are all in very small areas, also plan on doing some stuff with the sponsors logos, obviously all that depends on someone with more knowledge than me on programing to develop a tool to properly unpack and repack the files, also the guys that mod F1 games should get involved on this because the likelihood of the next F1 game to come with this nefs file-system its quite big

Last edited:
Someone knows where to find specocc files?
I think it is xxx_main_o.tga or xxx_main_s.tga, but I am not able to edit these files :(
You need to get a new version of Ego PSSG Editor. And you also need the Intel Texture Works Plugin. The red channel of xxx_main_s.tga is similar to specocc files. And it should save with B7 8 bpp Fine (sRGB, DX 11 +), but sometimes it does not work. And why is it bright.
20170802150218_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back