Impossible oversteer in GTR Evolution

D

dickrich

• dickrich

Fooling around in GTR Evo, I find the oversteer impossible to control. For instance if I take a high power car, induce wheelspin from standing and hold the throttle, it jerks to one side with no possible correction. It seems like the ass-end will keep its momentum despite opposite lock.

My question is can this be cured through possible settings in the diff? I can race just fine without oversteer, but the game seems very understeer happy.

Well there are a few factors....

1) Which wheel and what Rotation are you at?
2) What is your steering sensitivity at in game?
3) What is your steering lock in setup?

Those things will be a start....Also which car are you using at what settings?

If you can't correct the rear of the car at the start of a race it means you have too much power on the throttle.
Also the camber of the track has a significant influence on the behaviour of the cars traction. Camber or off-camber etc.

To reduce oversteer you can make the rear springs abit softer or front ones stiffer and the same with the sway bars, and the other way round to reduce understeer or just generally play around there untill you find a good balance. There's other ways to do this to.

• Ariff Roose

haha what i just do is try to use a well balanced car(when im fooling around) ie: BMW M3, Audi R8 etc., with a perfect gear 2 and gear 1 turning track ie: Top gear test track, Nurburgring GP etc.

and to control it i just do quite alot of going round in circles and:woop::woop::woop: i got control of the car.

to practice nibbling the throttle (i dont have enuf money to buy the G25 btw) i put the throtle sensetivity to zero, and meet up with a corner and accelerate through while pushing and pulling the car around the turn! sorry if it doesnt suit you!:computer:

To be fair most of the Simbin games have been the ame with throttle oversteer

GTR was very ahrd to play because of this. You could slide the cars a little bit but once past a point that in a real car could be held, in the agme the car would swap ends and there was no way you would not have a 180 spin

GTR is a lot better in this respect, you can slide some of the cars a little, especially the Corvettes, but others are a little molre knife edge

None more so than the BMW in Race 07, this car has very tricky handling and will spin the tyres even if the engine is on the limiter. Must be a knack to it, but often I will ahve backed off the throttle on this car, to check a slide and the wheel keeps on spinning, I just think the physics on the Beemer take some getting used to

But I havent got the patience with the stupid thing!!

• James Cathers

I find its a little harder to correct slides in game because your perception of oversteer in the game is entirely based on your vision, in real life you can feel a slide coming on a Long, long time before you see it coming. ive found the biggest thing that influences whether you can catch the car or not is how much youve got the front wheels cranked when the rear tires start to let go, youve really gotta straighten the front tires out and chase the car out to the curbs to get on the power down out of slower corners and keep the car pointed in the right direction.

as far as the car turning when you light the tires up in a straight line, just dont overcorrect. thats what gave me fits when i first started was trying to hard to correct and making it worse.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%