Cars Importing to ksEditor - Invisible car

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to import an .fbx file in to ksEditor.
I've exported my car from 3DSIMED including the textures, however I can't seem to get ksEditor to view my car.

1582471473289.png

I firstly assumed that my folder structure was incorrect but it seems to be ok (please correct me if not):

1582471252942.png

The texture filenames all seem to match up with what's in the .fbx.ini, so I'm not sure why they're not being read.
If it helps at all, I've managed to preview my car using Windows 3D Viewer:

1582471224483.png

This is my first attempt at this so if there's anything obvious I've missed, please let me know!
FYI I've had a look for similar posts as I assumed this may be a common issue but I couldn't find anything to fix this issue for me :(

Thanks in advance!

Tom.

Last edited:
What's listed on the left?
c1hLFwF.jpg

Default shaders for some reason is "a material that supports transparency, with a transparent texture" so if it's missing textures you can still click objects in the left list.

Also the camera starts out at 0,0,0 pointing -Y so you may have to move it backwards with the down arrow to see your car.

Finally if 3dsimed screwed something up you may have a 100x larger scale problem and then you'll need to move a few hundred metres backwards to see the car

What's listed on the left?
c1hLFwF.jpg

Default shaders for some reason is "a material that supports transparency, with a transparent texture" so if it's missing textures you can still click objects in the left list.

Also the camera starts out at 0,0,0 pointing -Y so you may have to move it backwards with the down arrow to see your car.

Finally if 3dsimed screwed something up you may have a 100x larger scale problem and then you'll need to move a few hundred metres backwards to see the car

This is all I have on the left which i'm guessing is wrong?:

1582473380505.png

Should this list all of the individual parts?

Thanks for the quick response!]

EDIT: I'm not sure why I didn't try this before but the .fbx file is working perfectly with textures in 3dsmax:

1582473864086.png

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry, I know this is not the topic you are commenting on but I see you with enough information for my query.
I am starting in the creation of circuits, I would like to have the karting circuits that I am going to run.
I am missing the KsEditor program and I don't know where I can download it.
I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Hi, still got exactly the same problem of texture/material Loading, and i don't find any issue. Done the export .fbx from 3DS Max but the car still invisible.

Got the mesh hear :

Capt1.JPG

But nothing in materials :

Capt2.JPG

My source folder seems OK :

Capt3.JPG

Hope you will help me to find an issue, thanks by advance

It appears that you're not exporting mesh/objects, only nulls/empties/dummies. As seen by the GEO_BRAKE_GLASS (and others) having only the null and not the object.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%