Importing signage into btb

Logos here http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/
You can either make an xpack of textures or you can just use the materials editor to bring the images into btb. I recommend to just use the materials editor.
You need the textures in dds format, I reccomend to not make the file too big and just use dxt1 with no alpha, make them no bigger than 256x256. They might look blurry and pixelated in btb but in game they are enhanced and will look better.

1. Open materials editor

2. Duplicate a similar material (ie, for grass use an existing grass material, for road use road, for a sign, we will use wall.

3. Remove the extra stuff and just make is a single image.

4. Add your sign texture. and that's it.

Use wall to create it, you might have to fiddle with the texture maping in the wall's material editor. ie height width offset etc.

(Don't let the image confuse you, I just pasted each new view on top of the other. you will only see 1 dialogue at a time)

Attachments

• addtextureinbtbmaterialeditor.jpg
    addtextureinbtbmaterialeditor.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 235
Still having troubles with this,I have followed what you said to do but when I run rfactor the loading fails and error points to the logos that I have imported.Not sure what to do from here..

Someone should have told me this in the other thread - where i requested an xpack. Now i have my start finish line in the pavement and my tower sign. The import material worked fantastic. Thanks so much.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%