Importing Car models into Lightwave 9+

Hi all Iam new to the forums and Iam looking to edit some models in lightwave, Or if anyone and give me a link to a tutorial on the mod. Or if anyone would be kind enough to upload the cars for V8 Supercar, blank skins are ok.... Thanks for any help.......Mike"Wildeyes"R:)

Hi Mike, I've been experimenting with this too (also using LW 9+) but there are a few problems...
First of all there aren't much plugins around for LW that allows it to import model from games. Plugins are usually for 3DSMax and Zmodeler. There is a work around however; I used 3DSimED to export models from games (NFS shift for example). 3DSimED can handle loads of file types so no problems there. From 3DSimED I then exported a model into 3ds files which are used by 3DSMax. So far all went well. In 3DSMax you can then export to .obj files which lightwave can read. But now we stumble upon the biggest problem with LW; the in-ability to import normal maps in a proper way. As most games use normal maps to add detail to their models you can see how that creates a problem. I've been looking for a plugin that sorts this out but sofar no luck.

3DS file exported from Zmodeler are imported in Lightwave.
I modelise all my car (see GT Legends mods) on Lightwave and I'm happy with it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%