Important: Reminder of Conduct

I'm getting fed up at the moment with the amount of spamming and abuse that goes on on this forum and indeed on the server. Please remember that it is not acceptable for you to abuse other drivers on the server regardless of any incident. We do have an official channel for protests. Use it. FSR is a community as well as a league and its important that you remember that your conduct does not just reflect on yourself but also on the league. Please bear this in mind. Whilst I know sometimes the red mist can descend in such incidents it cannot be impossible for you to control yourselves. We will be coming down harder on any future incidents in this regard.

Treat each other with respect and treat everyone on here with respect. FSR can be better just by you making this simple effort.

Yep a little respect, a little manners and a little appreciation would go a very long way around here.
Because you are trying to beat someone in competition and are serious about it doesn't mean that we have to totally forget our manners.
It's quite possible to disagree with someones position on a matter and yet treat them as a person with respect.
Apart from any consideration of manners it's simply not productive (to be disrepectful) as every time you have a dispute that involves attacking the person and not just the matter at hand you make an enemy and you lose infuence in general.

So as well as being unpleasant it's not a productive and by association therefore not a clever behaviour.
So maybe when we are considering our next critical or sarcastic taunt we can ask what will we achieve?

Yep a little respect, a little manners and a little appreciation would go a very long way around here.
Because you are trying to beat someone in competition and are serious about it doesn't mean that we have to totally forget our manners.
It's quite possible to disagree with someones position on a matter and yet treat them as a person with respect.
Apart from any consideration of manners it's simply not productive (to be disrepectful) as every time you have a dispute that involves attacking the person and not just the matter at hand you make an enemy and you lose infuence in general.

So as well as being unpleasant it's not a productive and by association therefore not a clever behaviour.
So maybe when we are considering our next critical or sarcastic taunt we can ask what will we achieve?

Amen brother, amen.

Do you guys have no emotions and fire in you when you`re driving?
Not everything have to be productive and clever. Show your emotions guys. This is what brings the action into racing. If I`m looking for some competition with good manners I go playing golf... We are all men and we all have testesterone in us. Dont act like a woman. I dont talk about insulting someone. But if I loose a race in the last second I wont say: "How unfortunate, now I loose in last second".
I would say:"F***, F***, F***"

#jesuisdejong
#jesuisfreedomofspeech

Georg,
Yes and No.

Depends if you mean in the cockpit at the time or what you write to other human beings and about other human beings in the cold light of day.
They are two completely different things.

Of course I drive with emotion. Many times in the cockpit I have sworn and abused another drivers.
We are not talking about driving with emotion. We are talking about what people sit at their computers and type. They're not the same thing.

Once I am about to commit to a written public comment about it I check my facts and make sure I have cooled down and use some diplomacy.

Swearing and ranting privately is one thing, what you say in public to other people is another.
Its called self control and its called manners and its called diplomacy. You yourself asked for something similar toards officials on a thread where a driver was saying hurry up, whay havent we had post race checks done. Is this announcement much different from that? It doesnt say hug each other on track, it just says dont be ****holes to each other off track. Is that too much to want?

Hiding personal abuse, bad language and lack of manners behind freedom of speech is a cheap shot. Unlike in say North Korea we actually have freedom of speech. But along with that we are accountable for our behaviour and expected to behave reasonably towards other people.
If that is not reasonable to you then we disagree on this one.

Last edited:
I dont say we should be ****oles to each other. But you(well better said el presidente) try to set some rules for other people how they have to act. It f***ing offends me, if someone try to make rules for me and I have to change my very own personality only to fit in the rules someone made. How you can call this freedom? And how you can call it freedom, that I have to replace my words here with ***, only to get not punished? Who would this 3 little letters offend?

"Hiding personal abuse, bad language and lack of manners behind freedom of speech is a cheap shot"
Who define what is abuse, bad language and lack of manners? Some goverment who only want the best for all of us humans like we see with all this wars on the world? Where normal people gets killed because the goverment wants it? Its the same people who send you to other country gets killed "for the freedom of your country" and who forbid you to swear, because it could hurt other people. And they teach it to you already in school, every day and day and day. And somewhen you believe all this s***. And the problem is, that you forget, that you only follow other peoples rules because it is like it is and always was. You never asked yourself if this is really your own opinion. Think about it.

I have though about it and it is my opinion that I present.
BTW are we reading the same OP. It doesnt sound like it.
All I can see is dont abuse other drivers and show some respect.
Thats not really a personality change is it Georg?

apart from what I think there is also this HERE

We are reading the same ya. But I never saw some abuse here or on server. Abuse means to me to insult someone personally which means to name him ugly or to insult his family or something. Calling someone a noob is not an personal insult. Because you only refer to his skills at something. Its a big difference between talking in a harsh way and "abuse" someone. Abuse is a very hard word. Maybe you should ask some north korean people what abuse means. I`m sure they will tell you, that abuse is something much worse than only some bad words.

i apologise. I have "abused" FSR this year by this little words.

11203092_10153882490574922_658841570812604975_n.jpg

tumblr_m5gunpXMrC1qbldd1.gif

We are reading the same ya. But I never saw some abuse here or on server. Abuse means to me to insult someone personally which means to name him ugly or to insult his family or something. Calling someone a noob is not an personal insult. Because you only refer to his skills at something. Its a big difference between talking in a harsh way and "abuse" someone. Abuse is a very hard word. Maybe you should ask some north korean people what abuse means. I`m sure they will tell you, that abuse is something much worse than only some bad words.

Yeah causing calling someone a noob is referring only to their skills. So I can call black people ****ers because I'm only referring to their skin color. See what I did there?

Way too many people in this community who think being passive-aggressive is an acceptable standard for human interaction, at the end of the day we should be making friends not acting like prima Donna racers from the 90s.

Last edited:
Lets say I can say dumb potatoes to some german but I´m not allowed to say other things ;)

"at the end of the day we should be making friends not acting like prima Donna racers from the 90s."
And exactly this is, why F1 is this boring these days. Why we should do the same mistake?
People want to see Driver fighting with all they have and acting emotional. Or why do you think Sennas fanbase was that big?

Lets say I can say dumb potatoes to some german but I´m not allowed to say other things ;)

"at the end of the day we should be making friends not acting like prima Donna racers from the 90s."
And exactly this is, why F1 is this boring these days. Why we should do the same mistake?
People want to see Driver fighting with all they have and acting emotional. Or why do you think Sennas fanbase was that big?

I think you taking my point incorrectly. "Fighting with all they have and acting emotional" is one thing, rude behavior and a lack of basic respect for others is one thing.

Also remember f1 drivers have their careers, legacy and millions of dollars at stake and even that high level of competition drivers for the most part showed a high level of respect to each other. It is extremely rare for animosity to spill over beyond a race weekend; whereas IMO this community is full of try-Hards and trolls.

And to paraphrase you, if your personality is to be an ***hole and you don't like rules that dictate basic etiquette between people, for the most part that sums up why you would disagree with this post.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%