IMPORTANT: FSR Problems: Debate (1)

Well arnt u a bucket full of optimism...enlighten us, when u reached out, their reply was?
Its not my place to reach out. I am just telling the reality.
Also a driver from Redline raced this year in 2 races. I asked him to race again and he wanted an insane fee. One of my drivers is leaving to go back to iRacing. He even admits rF2 is a better sim. My guess is money. You won't attract those teams without a bigger prize pot.
For example: ACR this year earned 33 points. Based on last years prize allotment (a little over 2 euros per point), we would make around 66-75 euros. Thats not even enough to cover driver fees.

Its not that I am not optimistic, but you have to face the reality of the situation. And this is it.

From my understanding they are not laser scanned in the same way that iRacing are laser scanned. AC's are much less accurate, much less efficient and GPS would be just as good. For example curbs and bumps are extremely flat than what they should be.
But rF2 tracks will not be either.

iRacing strengths are the very high quality tracks and its service. rF2, AC etc. strengths is the ability to add content. I would rather have decent quality tracks and have more to choose from than a handful that is perfect. And what do we care anyway? I love the Racerfactor Austria, some say its not perfect, I don't care, its still fun.

There are more people in AC online, but most of them are wreckers or dead slow. I can find a good public race a lot quicker on rF2 than on AC. I would like to just pick up a race online and have some fun and that is even with only 1 or 2 crowded server easier on rF2 than on AC, which is a shame.
I think in the end the platform doesnt matter, but FSR should go for the most realistic environment out there and in AC you are back to "hey there is the same grip off the racing line and on the racing line" which I personally find quite annoying.

Last edited:
Its way unrealistic having 1 car length rubber line, when we all know that in many tracks there are different lines.

RR is something that ISI should improve, apart from many other areas such as rain, graphics, bugs...

From my understanding they are not laser scanned in the same way that iRacing are laser scanned. AC's are much less accurate, much less efficient and GPS would be just as good. For example curbs and bumps are extremely flat than what they should be.

Jesus. So as they use a different scanning method than iRacing, the tracks are not "true laser scanned".

http://i.imgur.com/atpcFiM.png

Good luck trying to find such an accurate 3d mesh in rF2.

The mod community simply find AC easier to mod, not necessarily better to mod. Big difference. ISI could make things a lot easier and we could see just as many on rF2 so I tend not to stand by that argument as it is not really proven.

I am part of a modding group, and I've been in contact with modellers, the reason of why there are more mods coming to AC cars is simply because they can show they work in better conditions in AC. This is the main fundamental reason.

Exposure. This is often misconstrued because in reality it is not the game exposure it is the league and the racing. For example, we all know how poor the F1 car is on iRacing yet they get more viewers than what a better car on rF2 does simply because of mass media and propaganda.

Market and social media the content correctly and it won't matter what platform you are on.

People buy Coca Cola knowing it rots your teeth and has about 12 tea spoons of sugar in. Still buy it though... All marketing.

iRacing is a closed community, being closed means that you can approach your potential clients better (plus the average iRacing member has a better financial position than the average non iRacing member), especially if the championship is organized from the game company itself. In rF2 we have nothing from ISI (so no official championships for the average user) and users are spread in shitloads of different communities.

Its way unrealistic having 1 car length rubber line, when we all know that in many tracks there are different lines.

RR is something that ISI should improve, apart from many other areas such as rain, graphics, bugs...
If you all take the same line than it will end up like that or when you use AI to rubber the track. It is like an rarely used F1 track. Have you ever seen them go offline in places like Korea where there is absolutely no grip and only rubbish on track.

P.S. Maybe FSR should offer an open two fun GT races (starting on a green track) accessible for RD members always one race ahead, so the officials will have a wider real road, which more resembles a frequently used track by other categories. Could be a good solution and some extra exposure. I have driven in the past on AI realroads and "human build" realroads made by GT cars. Believe me there is a big diffrence. I don't know what FSR uses, but AI generated realroad sucks.

With regards to iRacing members. It's funny how there are a select few who think sim-racing teams are made of money. :) Most of the teams around do it for the challenge, the passion and the fun involved. Money is nice, but it's not everything. If anything, money taints the competition more.

It is only a select few who think they're worth 1000 euros for a season. I just laugh at them and say good luck. My team is a team, not a business, if you want to get paid that amount of money you better work to earn enough for your team to be able to fund you.

To those who think money is involved every time a big name get's involved with a smaller team, or when a big team signs a "star", I laugh at you as well. :) 90% of the time money is the last thing on those guys minds, they're looking for a TEAM that can support them and help them grow as a driver, or in some cases it's even the opposite, they're not looking for financial support.

I shudder to think what people think we're paying our drivers, and their respective teams, for the Spa 24 hour race on iRacing, which comprises of some fairly big names within the iRacing community. Or what they think we pay our resident iRacing drivers, some of whom can be seen as "rising stars" within their relevant series.

We didn't come here to earn money, we came here to compete against the best, and that's what we got. We got our asses handed to us, and if it was about money we would have changed drivers every other race like a few of the other backmarker teams. But it wasn't about money, it was about being a team and growing as a team, and experiencing what FSR has to offer at the highest level.

Did I say it wasn't about the money?

Believe me there is a big diffrence. I don't know what FSR uses, but AI generated realroad sucks.

We start with a predefined grip surface in all the track, like 50%, then we add human realroad from the practice sessions, qualy etc. But even with that, you cant do in rF2 what Alonso does here for example in overtakes number 2, 3 and 7.

You would understeer like mad, losing shitloads of grip. Carlos is totally right here, this system is "cool" but completely overdone. You can create a realroad profile with 90% of grip for the entire surface via the Mod Dev system, but then the track will look like **** (yes, even more), with skidmarks everywhere.

Austin was the best example. In S1 I always took a completly different line and was always catching up in S1.
Maybe you didnt drive rf2 for a while ;)
And if its such a big problem, why dont make a 80% grip overall realroad with a evolving racing line but veeery slow? Problem solved....

We start with a predefined grip surface in all the track, like 50%, then we add human realroad from the practice sessions, qualy etc. But even with that, you cant do in rF2 what Alonso does here for example in overtakes number 2, 3 and 7.

You would understeer like mad, losing shitloads of grip. Carlos is totally right here, this system is "cool" but completely overdone. You can create a realroad profile with 90% of grip for the entire surface via the Mod Dev system, but then the track will look like **** (yes, even more), with skidmarks everywhere.
He drives a better car as well. How do you make these first 50% of the rubber?! With AI or some dev tools? If there is already a predefined line the human drivers cant change it a lot, because the fastest way around is already defined with the first 50%
As I said if you schedule some funy races with mixed cars like the GT1-2-3-4 in the club races you could use that rubber as a baseline and you will have a wider line to start with as several diffrent cars already drove on the track. If you run these races with a higher RR multiplier it wont be a big effort.

I am not talking about a predefined line, I'm talking about entire surface with that amout of grip, and then, after this, human's lines. It can be done in the DevMode, there is a setting to put manually the amount of % realroad on track, enter the desired value and then save RR profile.

If my memory serves well, it rained on Saturday in Silverstone, so on Sunday track was almost green with equal amount of grip all over.

Yo just switch back to rf1. Reduce dirty air so you can fallow each other through Becketts, Maggotts etc. wing to gearbox and rubber the track 100% in everywhere so you can drive like Alonso in a video. Use the old tire model, it is more predictable .
Make your own mods, test it within one team . The fastest guy says what's right.

Almost forgott, it is ISI fault....everything!

:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back