Import FROM GTL?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Ryan Hieronymus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ryan Hieronymus

Ryan Hieronymus

Ratings:
    +19
    Hey guys, I've got a queston. Is it possible to import a user created track into BTB to edit it? If so, how do I go about doing so? Thanks!

2. Raido

Raido

Ratings:
    +14
    Afaik, no. Or more specifically, probably not. Unless it was made with BTB and you have its track project files, you can't convert a track that way. Using 3Dsimed would probably get you closer to what you'd want.

3. Andre_1th

Andre_1th

Ratings:
    +0
    Lately some friend asked me also if it was possible, just too change some existing track straights into longer ones. In fact you have the too change the whole layout. I think it's good that's not possible, otherwise some wil steal very easy works of others, right ?

4. gwaldock

gwaldock

Ratings:
    +10
    Import the GTL track into 3dSimEd, click "Export" then click "XYZ Data". You can then "Import All" into a new BTB project. This will start you out with only the bare drive-line & elevations of the track; the rest of it is up to you. You are in for a lot of work...

Good luck!

5. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +195
    It's best to try to contact the original author, because their permission is more important than whether or not it's possible.

6. gwaldock

gwaldock

Ratings:
    +10
    :doublethumb: ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL if you intend to release it publicly!