Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

gamer19 updated BAAN skin for Arnd Meier car (CART Extreme) by shnala with a new update entry:

Fixed livery transparecy that makes car ...didn't look good. At all. Sorry bout that.

BAAN skin for Arnd Meier car by shnala v.1.1

Fixed livery transparecy that makes car look... well, let's say it doesn't look good. At all. Now it look perfect. Same shining level as the original. Sorry bout that. Also, I set correct location for you to extract this skin. So, now, if you don't delete old livery you will have two Arnd Meier livery's in game. At a same time.
So, here's my suggestion, you can do like I did - zipp the old one, leave...

Read the rest of this update entry...

for example on blancpain mod for every car is mostly just one body because its made for the blancpain 2012 season, on my cars you mostly have a lot different options, for example there different endurance lights, different rims, wings etc etc
the physic i use for now is from gtr2 too, a friend made it from scratch for every car, using real car data, he spoke to jeff braun from level5 racing too, to get information about real cars aerodynamics and another friend whos driving instructor for porsche and driving for different teams at vln, n24 or at the 24h series tested some cars and practice with them to prepare for the next real race, he always said very close to real, a porsche behaves same like on real :)
on gtr2 the ai cant handle this physic, overall its made for online racing and we never made a update for offline racing... i tried them on gsc and it looks like the ai is having no problems, i added all the missing lines on the hdv files and for now i have to say everything is working fine... i just have to test them with talent files on a series pack like the gt masters to be sure everything is ok...

gt3 isnt a series, its a car class and with this mod you can cover the most series and years... if its blancpain endurance, or gt masters or vln/n24 with some specials like porsche gt3 mr...

here you can see a good example for genstring options

// Genstring legend Porsche 997 GT3R

// 1 - Driver Helmet

// 2 - Rim (1 - BBS Silver, 2 - BBS Black, 3 - BBS Gold, 4 - Rays)

// 3 - Tyre (0 - Avon, 1 - Dunlop, 2 - Falken, 3 - Hankook, 4 - Michelin, 5 - Pirelli, 6 - Toyo, 7 - Yokohama, 8 - Blank, 9 - Michelin 13, A - BF Goodrich, B - Bridgestone, C - Continental, D - Firestone, E - Goodyear, F - Uniroyal)

// 4 - Body (1 - 997R, 2 - 997R VLN)

// 5 - Cockpit (1 - Shift Stick, 2 - Shift Paddles)

// 6 - Lights (1 - White Standard, 2 - White Endustyle1, 3 - White Endustyle2, 4 - White Endustyle3, 5 - White Endustyle4, A - Yellow Standard, B - Yellow Endustyle1, C - Yellow Endustyle2, D - Yellow Endustyle 3, E - Yellow Endustyle 4)

// 7 - Wing (1 - Normal Wing, 2 - MR Endplates, 3 - MR Wing)

// 8 - Numberglow (0 - No Glowing Number, 1 - Glowing Number using Extra5.dds)

// 9 - N24 Flash (0 - No Flash, 1 - Style1 Green-Green, 2 - Style1 Green-Blue, 3 - Style1 Blue-Blue, 4 - Style2 Green-Green, 5 - Style2 Green-Blue, 6 - Style2 Blue-Blue)

this mod is overall made for our sites online racing and for me but i always shared the gt3 cars because i know there a lot people who want these cars on a great quality... if you just download a mod and want to make a online series with them you dont know what problems there can be or what bugs this mod has, so i always make a new mod where i know that everything is working like it should be but for sure there always can be bugs ^^

this mod was made for gtr2 first but not just converted to gsc via a tool, every car is complete unpacked and remade, i updated, changed and added nearly everything on every car during this conversion... i unpacked a reiza v8 stock car, a mini and a camaro to see what shaders are used and i use them too ;)

i wanted to use srw shaders first because they look great realistic but these dont work right on gsc, if you drive on night and a car get lighted by another car or a track light the car is glowing grey -.- i tried a lot things but it was always the same... anyway... reiza shaders are looking great too :D

the gtr2 version of this mod is available here on rd, just check the gtr2 threads ;) if i take a look around our site i can see every day new skins from every series where a gt3 car is running and people prepare skinpacks and add new cars to create real race series like the pirelli world challenge or vln...

after the first release for gsc i will work on, on a lot other cars to cover every year back to the creation of this class in 2006... so a lot more cars to come ;)

at the end i would say just download and try them when they are released ;)

edit: i wont say my mod is better than others people mods, i have sometimes a different point of view and would make things different, thats why i started modding... to make the things how i like to have them :)

Hi, Thug. Original kart tracks have clouds. I'm sorry for all problems. These tracks was developed for rfactor, and i'm newbie yet in GSC. Because this i don't converted yet some other kart tracks. I will check this clouds issues, and i have plans to make 1.3 version of these kart tracks, now with clouds and terrain.tdf in a correct place.
Cheers

I think you should put the Track Name from the gdb, NOT the first line of the gdb.
For example, look in the InterlagosOuter.gdb file.
The correct line you need is (I think)
TrackName = Interlagos External Ring
and NOT the very first line, which is InterlagosOuter
So it should say FMS Indy Motor Speedway I think.
Hope that helps.
I didn't saw this (hot) topic earlier.:p
Yes, Keith, you're absolutely right!.
ALWAYS look for "TRACK NAME =" and copy/paste those lines and not some... generic track name that's writen on very first line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%