Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I tested the mod. It's a real blast. Really. I have so much fun on many tracks, just following the other cars, matching their pace, or pushing harder, fight and overtake them. And make mistakes in process. :)
AI is a pleasure to race with.
Car behaviour - pure joy.
Model and textures - absolute top notch. Many new wallpapers just waiting. :)

Honestly.... it really bring back Microsoft CART: Precision racing in life to me.
Big thank you to anyone involved into this.
Thank you very much for your trust.
Expect my call. :)
So... back to work...
I take a look and, let me tell you.... I was a little bit surprised (but, looking back, to whole package, I know shouldn't be) that cameras are actually very good. Like the rest of the mod. Ok, T-cam and some changes here and there need to be changed. I'll send my modified cameras to Patrick, for him to test them and if he agree I'll publish them. Or he will, nevermind.
Here's some examples:
T-cam ORIGINAL
s1utc8.jpg

T-cam NEW
mh8tqu.jpg

T-cam look back ORIGINAL
mj8xmg.jpg

T-cam look back NEW
28tfbsj.jpg

And there's even 3 brand new cams, so in total (except regular swingman, nose and cockpit cams), there's 12 cams, compared to original 9. Here are two ot them:
Front wing
bhdt8w.jpg

Left side pod
hs27uo.jpg

I also adjust cockpit positions a little bit. (ok, not so little for Penske cause it was waaay off:))
I tried I give my best to help this great mod become even a little bit better. If that's possible.
And I'll do some more adjusting in following days. (I know me :geek:...can't help myself, untill I'm 100% satisfied)

(Let's) enjoy. :)

Last edited:
I have not got the time or the skills. Rob (hummer444) has only just got CART Extreme updated graphically so maybe give him chance to have a beer and bask in it's glory. Tyres usually need Renato's skills I can change them but not upto GSC new standards so I would not hold your breath. I have not asked anyone to update it but if someone is doing it great.

Then, perhaps, you can reveal to me - HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO CHANGE FOV ?
I just told Patrick - I tried and tried and always fail. It seems to me that it's locked. Somehow. Something I've never seen before. And I saw a lot, trust me.
If you can explan me, I would be much greateful.
Btw... I've made 3 (three) versions of T-cams. People are not easy to please you know... :)

edit:
Yes, bigger FOV gives you bigger "sense of speed" but, also, giving you less of feeling of "being there", and that's not only my opinion. Also, it's proven that it's harder to drive with too big FOV cause track seems unrealistically narrow and... many other things. :p
You don't have to believe me but maybe you should the others.
http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/
I saw that mod you publish here... and realise you just love big FOVs, right ? ;)
What about that question I asked you on top of this message. Or you like just to keep it for yourself ? :)

Last edited:
Ekhm, the link you gave me is about cockpit view. We're talking here about T-cam which is suppose to have bigger FOV as you can clearly see in the screen from the onboard of Andretti at Laguna Seca in 1998.

Also, it's proven that it's harder to drive with too big FOV cause track seems unrealistically narrow and... many other things.
Who said driving with T-cam should be easy/easier? Not to mention that if you want to simulate things (since GSCE is a simulator) - you should drive with a cockpit view. :)

This is cockpit view I am using:
dlq5cl.jpg

As for your question - I'm sorry, but I don't understand it :( What do you mean "locked"? You just put your digits in the FOV field in .cam file and that's it. No magic about it.

I saw that mod you publish here... and realise you just love big FOVs, right ?
That's why I used with my T-cams lesser FOV than default by Reiza? OK then ;)

Funny, mine is almost the same. I moved it to to front, quite a bit.
15zmqz5.jpg

Ok, got your point, mine is that I just don't like too big, unrealistic, fov.
Which is easily to figure based on my (or anyone else) most downloaded camera files, for F1 2014.

I asked you how did you manage to change fov for T-cam cause I couldn't done it.
And it's not like I'm inexperienced with this ...matter. But ok, you say that you "just change numbers".
I'll try it again I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years