Resource icon

DiRT Rally IMPACT Force Feedback 7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Version 4 does actually give you jump landing feedback, just its more realistic now. A solid flat landing adds temporary resistance to the wheel (as the cars weight is pushing the wheels into the ground). If you land un-evenly however you will really feel the landing. The wheel will give as close to a "jerk" as I get without it being overwhelming.

Its relatively easy to add the big landings of V3 into V4 by adding this to the top of the file :

Code:
<!--Complete Suspension Compression-->
<FFBSuspension wheelMask="3" device="wheel" scale="8.0" thresholdLow="3.4" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.12" freq="64" sample0="LongWave"/>

That is the big hit you feel on large jumps in V3

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!
which of the four ffb suspension list am i suppose to change?
<FFBSuspension scale="0.6" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="40" thresholdHigh="0.4" thresholdLow="0.18" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="0.65" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="48" thresholdHigh="0.7" thresholdLow="0.405" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="0.74" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="56" thresholdHigh="1.5" thresholdLow="0.705" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="5.0" device="wheel" sample0="LongWave" length="0.12" freq="64" thresholdHigh="8000.0" thresholdLow="3.0" wheelMask="3"/>

which of the four ffb suspension list am i suppose to change?
Don't modify any of those, just take the code I posted above, and paste it into the file (anywhere at the top) and save. Those lines you posted shouldn't be modified unless you understand all the values and how they work together with each line!

ok thanks but in the ini file do i paste it above the other four suspension settings?
It doesn't really matter where in the file you past it. They do not have to be in a specific order. so just as long as its after this line :
<FFBEffects>
And before this line :
</FFBEffects>

It will be read and used by the game properly.

It doesn't really matter where in the file you past it. They do not have to be in a specific order. so just as long as its after this line :
<FFBEffects>
And before this line :
</FFBEffects>

It will be read and used by the game properly.
this is what my ini file looks like now..im sure i done it right but i still dont feel the landing!!
<FFBSuspension scale="8.0" device="wheel" sample0="LongWave" length="0.12" freq="64" thresholdHigh="8000.0" thresholdLow="3.4" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="0.6" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="40" thresholdHigh="0.4" thresholdLow="0.18" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="0.65" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="48" thresholdHigh="0.7" thresholdLow="0.405" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="0.74" device="wheel" sample0="Buzz" length="0.1" freq="56" thresholdHigh="1.5" thresholdLow="0.705" wheelMask="3"/>

<FFBSuspension scale="5.0" device="wheel" sample0="LongWave" length="0.12" freq="64" thresholdHigh="8000.0" thresholdLow="3.0" wheelMask="3"/>

lol ok cheers pal were only human i suppose hahaha.
Here you go. Add these lines into the file (I put them below the current Suspension lines to make it all look nice)

Code:
 <FFBSuspension wheelMask="1" device="wheel" scale="7.5" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.07" freq="64" sample0="ShortWave"/>
 <FFBSuspension wheelMask="2" device="wheel" scale="6.0" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.07" freq="64" sample0="ShortWave"/>

Definitely gives the landing back!

Here you go. Add these lines into the file (I put them below the current Suspension lines to make it all look nice)

Code:
<FFBSuspension wheelMask="1" device="wheel" scale="7.5" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.07" freq="64" sample0="ShortWave"/>
<FFBSuspension wheelMask="2" device="wheel" scale="6.0" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.07" freq="64" sample0="ShortWave"/>

cheers m8 ill give it a quick go!!

Code:

cheers my man its all back and feels great..so much more life in my wheel again..its not just the big bumps i feel i also feel when the car compresses into dips its great...also thanks for your help and i think you should get a job at codemasters and do the ffb from now on as you seem to know what your doing alot better than them hehehe cheers.

I think I will. once Ive balanced it out a little. Ive already made a slight update to friction that feels better, so I might as well balance this and do a little update :p
hey templar anyway you can make my wheel shake at the start of a rally before i set off...i had a mod like that a week ago that felt sweet too..if you have those files about send em my way please..cheers man

Ok here we go.
4.0 is better than 3.0 by a significant margine. Biggest reason would be in FFBlateral and Self Aligning Torque. For the first time the 2010 WRC cars make any sense.
I did have to modify the file to get what I wanted out of T500rs and this version.
The surface detail was again too much, and especially in low speeds it was just one big rumble effect.
I added Rev effect and also added extra line to the suspension to gain some of the high forces from full spring compression, but not to the extend that it was in 3.0. You are right that it wasn't realistic, that effect was more like when you bottom the car rather than suspension effect.

Great job @TemplarGFX as always. I will share the file I modified out of 4.0 to couple folks at AC forums who also have T500rs.

ps. I think that the seperated front and rear suspension effects does have potential.

Last edited:
Ok here we go.
4.0 is better than 3.0 by a significant margine. Biggest reason would be in FFBlateral and Self Aligning Torque. For the first time the 2010 WRC cars make any sense.
I did have to modify the file to get what I wanted out of T500rs and this version.
The surface detail was again too much, and especially in low speeds it was just one big rumble effect.
I added Rev effect and also added extra line to the suspension to gain some of the high forces from full spring compression, but not to the extend that it was in 3.0. You are right that it wasn't realistic, that effect was more like when you bottom the car rather than suspension effect.

Great job @TemplarGFX as always. I will share the file I modified out of 4.0 to couple folks at AC forums who also have T500rs.
Pass me a link to your file too, I'd like to see exactly what it is your lowering so that in future I can release a Logitech/Common and Thrustmaster versions!

It seems the TM wheels are MUCH better at producing the low end forces on the wheel in comparison to my G27. When I tried the Rev settings you posted a while back, it created no effect AT ALL on my wheel. Like not even a slight amount of resistance. That's how much difference there is

Pass me a link to your file too, I'd like to see exactly what it is your lowering so that in future I can release a Logitech/Common and Thrustmaster versions!

It seems the TM wheels are MUCH better at producing the low end forces on the wheel in comparison to my G27. When I tried the Rev settings you posted a while back, it created no effect AT ALL on my wheel. Like not even a slight amount of resistance. That's how much difference there is

There you go. Let me know if the link doesnt work, I think I made it public though.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EysoV-vx0rRmtPdXg1ZnM1T1k/view?usp=sharing

Sorry @Esox71 , forgot the ingame stuff. As usual adjust couple points of SAT depending on your liking, rest should be pretty ok.
Ingame Settings:
SAT - 57
WF - 24
TF - 60
SUS - 58
TS - 49
COL - 100
SL - 100

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No