Resource icon

DiRT Rally IMPACT Force Feedback 7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Joel, when you fire up Dirt Rally use your wheel FIRST to go thru menus and it should recall your proper settings. Its a CM thing in many of their games.
Sorry, can you clarify this pls? I use the dpad keys and buttons on my G27 shifter to navigate.

Sorry, noob question. When copying these files over, do you replace the original files in the forcefeedback folder (devicesetup_v2 and forceFeedbackPaths)? Exactly which files are supposed to be in the folder? I tried it with all files (original and IMPACT) and there is absolutely no resistance in the wheel when sitting still and barely any when I'm accelerating. There is some when turning.

Sorry, noob question. When copying these files over, do you replace the original files in the forcefeedback folder (devicesetup_v2 and forceFeedbackPaths)? Exactly which files are supposed to be in the folder? I tried it with all files (original and IMPACT) and there is absolutely no resistance in the wheel when sitting still and barely any when I'm accelerating. There is some when turning.

The original is there for mere backup reasons. Just replace the 'effectsetup_v2' in forcefeedback folder.

At the beginning when it says "press Start or Enter" make sure to press the left RED button on the shifter to enter the menu. this will initiate the G27 config instead of the keyboard config (pressing enter).
Or perhaps you meant the 3rd red button on my shifter? Which has functioned as 'Start' for my CM games. But I'll try the 1st too and see if there's a difference. Waiting for your updated settings :) Too much rattle on my G27 even with static vib set to 0.15. Is 0.0 practical or too low and jeopardize feel?

TemplarGFX updated IMPACT Force Feedback with a new update entry:

Strap Yourself In! This is a big one!

This is a huge update, with significant changes to pretty much the entire Force Feedback System! If I do say so myself, This is probably about the best its going to get!

Changes :
Completely redone and simplified Suspension feedback
Rebalanced Tyre Slip feedback
Rebalanced Collision feedback
Lateral Forces split into 2 independent configurations for Tarmac and Gravel (this is huge!)
Over-All Balancing for easier user setup

While I have little knowledge of what a rally car should feel, I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just had a very quick test on Wales, Germany and Pikes - Spot on!!!
I left all the in-game sliders at 100% and tried the Logitech Profiler on various settings. For me personally 100%FX Strength and 0% Dampning, but I suppose that's personal preference and mine will probably change over time. That's not as important as the fact that the game is now sending some excellent FFB signals to the wheel. It feels much more realistic on all surfaces. It feels great on tarmac, even the Pikes Peak cars feel manageable now.
Excellent work TemplarGFX.

Alright, this pretty much does it for me, man. This is just a huge improvement, I love it. At the moment, I have nothing to add, the only thing I would have criticized before would have been the slightly overwhelming tyre slip effects making it a bit hard to make quick adjustments, but now it's just bang on. Thank you so much, excellent job!

Wow, amazing!

I only recently started playing, and it was really frustrating. I only raced a track in Greece (60ies Mini) and Germany (2010 Fiesta) so far, and what was bumper car yesterday is controlled driving today (on same cars and tracks).

I feel much more confident now that the cars do what I want and the stage times got much better immediately. And it is much more fun! Now I just have to reign in the new cockiness that already landed me in a ditch a few times :)

Last edited:
Please don't tell me that I'm about to install :cautious:
well i still like version 4 in other departments though so its up to you..imo i feel version 4 is more accurate than 3 and very enjoyable to use..if v4 had the feeling of landing on the jumps it would be amazing though!!

well i still like version 4 in other departments though so its up to you..imo i feel version 4 is more accurate than 3 and very enjoyable to use..if v4 had the feeling of landing on the jumps it would be amazing though!!
Not tried 4 but like you said the feeling on landing with 3 felt pretty good.
I'm actually using a tweaked version of Golanv's he uses same wheel as myself.

idk man.. this just feels the same as v3. maybe im just a noob to notice a diference. one thing i did notice, is that there is no longer that rev vibration on the countdown. also when i land from a jump i dont feel much.

Looks like most settings in this thread have been tailored to either the TM or Logitech wheels so I wanted to share my settings that I came up with for my Fanatec GT3RSv2 which will work for the CSR as well.

Impact file V3.0

Wheel settings:

Sen 540
FF 100
Sho 000
dri 3
ABS off
Lin 000
dea 000
Spr off
dpr off

Settings in game:

Self Aligning Torque 120
Wheel Friction 55
Tire Friction 40
Suspension 60
Tire Slip 55
Collision 50
Soft Lock 100

As a kid that grew up in Mississippi, I learned to drive on gravel roads and red clay dirt roads and was power sliding long before I ever got my License and my first car was a 1980 Triumph TR7 convertible which is a short wheelbase non-power rack and pinion steer car. I yanked the anemic slant 2.0l 4cyl and replace it with a 350HO and 5speed from a Z28.

I still remember exactly how the steering felt in that car while powersliding on those Miss. back roads and my settings above are as close as I can get to that real life feel I remember.

Last edited:
i like version 3 better because i could feel when the car landed off a jump but with version 4 i dont get that feeling..t300 wheel.
Version 4 does actually give you jump landing feedback, just its more realistic now. A solid flat landing adds temporary resistance to the wheel (as the cars weight is pushing the wheels into the ground). If you land un-evenly however you will really feel the landing. The wheel will give as close to a "jerk" as I get without it being overwhelming.

Its relatively easy to add the big landings of V3 into V4 by adding this to the top of the file :

Code:
 <!--Complete Suspension Compression-->
 <FFBSuspension wheelMask="3" device="wheel" scale="8.0" thresholdLow="3.4" thresholdHigh="8000.0" length="0.12" freq="64" sample0="LongWave"/>

That is the big hit you feel on large jumps in V3

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%