Imola - No braking boards?

Hi all!

My friend and I (Dave Fussel) have just purchased Race07 (along with STCC2 and GTR Evolution) on Steam. However when we have driven Imola, there are no braking boards showing the metreage leading up to any of the corners. We thought this was just normal, but we've now seen several YouTube videos which show them as gantrys overhanging the side of the track. This is odd as we both seem to have the same issue, are we missing something (Aside from the obvious) or was this addressed in a MOD. As we both have Steam versions they should be fully patched?

We have both played F1 2010 & 2011 so we're not total noobs, but Race07 is completley different gravy (And a quite tasty one at that TBH). Nevertheless we could do with some help on this as Imola's a great track, but we're both straining our eyes to pick out tiny blemishes in the tarmac rushing by, to use a brake points, and at this rate I'm going to need stronger glasses by the end of the month? :geek:

Cheers

PS: Really loving this game/Sim, its a far superior driving experience than the CM F1 games! :thumbsup:

Hi Paul, i've just run the game and the imola version that comes with Race 07 doesn't have braking boards so you don,t have a bug its normal. my best guess is that the version of the track Simbin used doesn,t have braking boards either or they simply forgot to put them. if you get Race On you then have the new layout of Imola and you have braking boards, on a side note not all tracks have braking boards so you might wanna get use to that and try finding braking points other then the boards ;)

I'm confused as both Imolas have boards for me. Is it just certain corners where they are missing?

Imola_Signs_1.jpg

Imola_Signs_2.jpg

i just recheck and i don't have the boards on the Race 07 imola track. and its for all corners so i looked around and there is some Imola add-on so maybe you have one of those that add the boards to the original track.

i just recheck and i don't have the boards on the Race 07 imola track. and its for all corners so i looked around and there is some Imola add-on so maybe you have one of those that add the boards to the original track.
The only mods I currently have installed are cars and full tracks, no fixes or add-ons. That's really, really weird. For reference the screen with the white boards is the Imola included with R07, and the red is Imola 08.

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one who is confused? :confused:

The only Imola circut I have is in the "Extras" part of the track selection screen, but none of the corners have brake boards. However, I was chatting with some guys last night on the RD TS, and one of them showed me his vid recorded the night before of the Imola track with white coloured boards clearly showing. I'd rather not have to splash out on another expansion so soon after having just got the game and two others if I can help it.

Neverthless, there definitely seems to be an issue here if both you guys have two versions of the track, but only one has boards in both versions. Weird. :unsure:

Are there any modded tracks I could use or would that complicate the Multiplayer?

Edit: Just posted the above after you last two posts so the last bit probably doesn't make sense. What is the Imola addon and where can I get it. I did a search last night for a MOD but couldn't find anything definative.

Strange, both my Imolas have the same boards as Ross'. Perhaps they were patched in with an add-on pack? Or disappear depending on graphic settings?

EDIT: Just checked it and they weren't there on the 'low' environmental detail setting under options.

Strange, both my Imolas have the same boards as Ross'. Perhaps they were patched in with an add-on pack? Or disappear depending on graphic settings?
Cheers Mark, thats very odd, and a good shout about the graphics, although I have everthing up to max, so I presume the boards shouldn't be missing. Also I really should have mentioned that I've seen boards on other tracks, such a Monza. It's also quite strange that both Dave F and I have the same experience and we've both only purchased the game recently?

Are there any modded tracks I could use or would that complicate the Multiplayer?
There are lots of mod tracks available for Race 07. To use them online both you and the server must be using the exact same version of a track. If a mod is required for a club race then a link to download it is provided in the event post.

What is the Imola addon and where can I get it. I did a search last night for a MOD but couldn't find anything definative.
What Yves meant is that perhaps there was a mod created by someone that adds brake boards to the track, and perhaps I had that mod installed. I definitely do not have such a mod installed though, and have never seen one for Imola.

EDIT: Just checked it and they weren't there on the 'low' environmental detail setting under options.
Ah ha, you might be onto something there. My settings are all maxxed out. How about you guys?

Edit: Ninja'd. :p Guess that's not the issue then.

My guess then would be that it was updated with an add-on pack. The only one I'm missing is the GT Power Pack, so perhaps they were added in along with WTCC2010 or something, which I don't think many people bothered with.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%