Imola F1 AI and DRS 2022 - Singleplayer only

Misc Imola F1 AI and DRS 2022 - Singleplayer only 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
max kagan submitted a new resource:

Imola F1 AI - Updated ai, pit and sidelines for Imola track

Updated AI fast and pit lines with new sidelines

AI can do high 17s for the fastest lap Ive seen in testingView attachment 466326
Real fp2 longrun estimates from 2021
x77ne8jmkjt61.png

Read more about this resource...

Good attempt at improvement.

Sadly surfaces.ini inside data folder are setup by Kunos the run off areas like Variente Alta and Villeneuve is the major problem for AI not being able to run 1:16 or lower.

You will notice AI will get massivly loose if they step on that area. In real life the grip loss in that area is barely anything it just painted asphalt. Not carpet as kunos did.

Uh3DhYO.png

Here and here

5pL7xaa.png

c8Q5ZTP.png

Last edited:
This is awesome information thank you! So is your recommended fix to change surfaces 1 key to concrete as well? or to just up the friction value?

Last edited:
This is awesome information thank you! So is your recommended fix to change surfaces 1 key to concrete as well? or to just up the friction value?

Problem is this will cause mismatch online as touching surfaces.ini is gonna cause checksum error.
This would only be offline solution only fix for AI.
If you want to see the effect.
Duplicate surfaces.ini and store it as backup.
Surfaces.ini change the number for Carpet friction to 0.99 or 1 AI will gain huge amounts of time since it wouldn't break traction causing it to lose 2 seconds lap time.

Don't touch concrete its fine. Its just that green section part that kunos is treating as carpet that is wrong.

you can see it here.
there is no time loss running on those painted parts of track its flat out.

Last edited:
Yeah Ill make the surfaces changes and change the mod to be offline only. Ill also add kerb sound effects as there are now rumble strips out there. Now I just need to do a better lap where I use more of the track

Yeah Ill make the surfaces changes and change the mod to be offline only. Ill also add kerb sound effects as there are now rumble strips out there. Now I just need to do a better lap where I use more of the track

Yeah will have to be offline only.

With the new ai lines you posted and carpet set at 0.98

AI can now do 1:17.1 - 1:17.2 at 100% strength in quali mode

If those screenshots above I posted if AI lines are extended bit into the green stuff so they can take wider line like player.

They should be able to do 1:16

max kagan updated Imola F1 AI and DRS 2021 with a new update entry:

new ai lines, new surfaces mod is now offline only

Do not use the surface.ini file on the imola track you plan on using online. I recommend making a new track folder for singleplayer only.

Track runoff areas surface grip levels and kerb effects added to replicate recent changes to the imola track for 2021

AI can lap in the 17s comfortably and I am targeting getting the times into the 16s on softs.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah will have to be offline only.

With the new ai lines you posted and carpet set at 0.98

AI can now do 1:17.1 - 1:17.2 at 100% strength in quali mode

If those screenshots above I posted if AI lines are extended bit into the green stuff so they can take wider line like player.

They should be able to do 1:16
not quite into the 16s yet. I took the lines wider but I think the ai are sensitive to certain rotations/kerbs that make the lines I need to take very specific and im just not able to put it all together in one lap yet. Ill keep at it though

Hey, thanks for this, its great
Just 2 questions:

- Do u know how to clone the kunos imola to something like imola_gp2021 ? It says that imola_gp2021 cant be found, if I rename imola.kn5 to imola_gp2021.kn5 then it fails on some unexpected error during AI splines loading I think

- At what point do I need to hold the SHIFT button, when AC is loading the treack before it starts loading the cars? Also How can I tell its loaded properly?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ive been using this version

There is also a OSRW version of the track but I believe a few people use it online which the surfaces.ini is in conflict with

You hold shift as soon as acs.exe opens on initial load until you see "Initializing AI Spline" or something like that in the lower left hand corner

Capture.PNG

you know it works when you see my custom sidelines that allow ai to go offtrack or extend track limits a bit marked in a mix of red and yellow lines when you open the ai app from developer tools

Capture2.PNG

Ive been using this version

There is also a OSRW version of the track but I believe a few people use it online which the surfaces.ini is in conflict with

You hold shift as soon as acs.exe opens on initial load until you see "Initializing AI Spline" or something like that in the lower left hand corner

View attachment 467189

you know it works when you see my custom sidelines that allow ai to go offtrack or extend track limits a bit marked in a mix of red and yellow lines when you open the ai app from developer tools

View attachment 467199
Many thanks!

Good attempt at improvement.

Sadly surfaces.ini inside data folder are setup by Kunos the run off areas like Variente Alta and Villeneuve is the major problem for AI not being able to run 1:16 or lower.

You will notice AI will get massivly loose if they step on that area. In real life the grip loss in that area is barely anything it just painted asphalt. Not carpet as kunos did.

Uh3DhYO.png

Here and here

5pL7xaa.png

c8Q5ZTP.png
Do you know how to edit existing grip surface for the road/track itself if its not mentioned in the surfaces.ini folder? Say I wanted to mimic a repaving of a track surface like at Barcelona or turkey, is it possible without recreating the track as a 3d model

Do you know how to edit existing grip surface for the road/track itself if its not mentioned in the surfaces.ini folder? Say I wanted to mimic a repaving of a track surface like at Barcelona or turkey, is it possible without recreating the track as a 3d model

You can use object inspector inside game to find the name of it and than use that name to call it up inside surfaces.ini.

if it all belongs to one material ie road

than you're stuck would need to edit 3d model itself by extracting it opening in 3d software to separate that section out put new material name..import it ks editor ...define new surface.ini
you would not be allowed to do that since its kunos track and rd would delete it.

imo not worth the effort and time.

sadly kunos ai sucks and there is little that can be done.

You can use object inspector inside game to find the name of it and than use that name to call it up inside surfaces.ini.

if it all belongs to one material ie road

than you're stuck would need to edit 3d model itself by extracting it opening in 3d software to separate that section out put new material name..import it ks editor ...define new surface.ini
you would not be allowed to do that since its kunos track and rd would delete it.

imo not worth the effort and time.

sadly kunos ai sucks and there is little that can be done.
thanks this is very helpful. Yeah I don't think ill be able to work miracles but ill be able to improve them a little bit

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%