Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Imola 6.jpg

Reiza Studios have confirmed the modern and historic versions of Imola will be included in the upcoming rFactor 2 'Reiza Bundle' DLC.

Having initially planned to ship four cars and two circuits as part of the Reiza Bundle DLC for rFactor 2, Reiza Studios have recently confirmed that the two Puma race cars will be added to the pack, alongside what was an unannounced new track or two...

Taking to social media earlier today, Reiza have confirmed that the new circuit set to be added to the DLC is the former Formula One hosting Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, both in the 2018 configuration that exists today, and the rather awesome historic 1972 layout! Historic racing fans rejoice!

A well as confirmation that the new track will be Imola, Reiza have also dropped the news that the pack is scheduled to release for rFactor 2 this coming March - quite a bit later than initially planned, but reassuring to see it is set to release at long last.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

rF2 Imola 2.jpg
rF2 Imola 4.jpg
rF2 Imola 5.jpg
rF2 Imola 1.jpg rF2 Imola 6.jpg rF2 Imola 7.jpg rF2 Imola 3.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Looking at the screenshot... when did S397 correct the sky colour?:rolleyes:

Not sure how you mean it, judging by the rolling eyes, but yeah, that was one of the first things I noticed on these screenshots - no turquoise tint anymore. They've talked about finally correcting the colors as part of the lighting system improvements they're currently working on.

I'm very much looking forward to the day when rF2 will finally have natural colors out of the box without the need of using ReShade corrections.

Looking at the screenshot... when did S397 correct the sky colour?:rolleyes:

Track creators can adjust such things. So I don't think there is anything wrong with sky of rF2, I don't know limitations of it, but it can be done to look less white/more white thats for sure.... Also exposure effects are adjustable, so that helps a lot. One thing which rF2 is very impressive at is how lumination works, sky has realistic impact on lumination, and you discover different types of lumination as you go around the track unless the lighting type is very even everywhere, which also is a condition.

Just like in this onboard, lumination/exposure interacts differently regarding which direction you are traveling according the sun.

Track creators can adjust such things. So I don't think there is anything wrong with sky of rF2, I don't know limitations of it, but it can be done to look less white/more white thats for sure.... Also exposure effects are adjustable, so that helps a lot. One thing which rF2 is very impressive at is how lumination works, sky has realistic impact on lumination, and you discover different types of lumination as you go around the track unless the lighting type is very even everywhere, which also is a condition.

Just like in this onboard, lumination/exposure interacts differently regarding which direction you are traveling according the sun.
I'm not talking about the brightness, exposure or whatever, I'm talking about the tint. Not the sky itself though. After DX11 update everyting has a strange tint just like an unnecessary lens applied which needs reshade to correct (I don't want to use "adjust"), and the sky of course is the most apparent, at least I never see a almost-green sky anywhere. After all, rF2, after DX11 update, is the only game we can immediately recognise only by the colour of the sky:roflmao:

Whats the deal with reiza these days, have they stopped their own projects to develop on other platforms? I haven't tried rf2 yet. Is Niels doing the physics on them?
Say what?! If you're a sim lover then pick a brutal classic and load up Beligum '66 with AI. If you come back to us and say "nah, that wasnt awesome at all" then i'll eat my unwashed boxers on camera. Or load up a GT3 and take it for a spin on Sebring. If you dont have religious experience from these things then you should probably see a doctor, mate. Just sayin'.

Ok im joking around a bit, but not really. The driving experience is top notch due to the physics and the FFB. I came late to the party and my jaw dropped to the floor as my first random combo i did was classic formula on Belgium ´66 (old Spa) which is also why i recommend people test it. I cant think a sim lover doesnt get the experience i had (and so many others). My arms got so tired and i was even legit scared when i went full throttle with a powerful old school formula down the long bumpy straights and i had to wrestle the car to keep it straight. The cars are so alive and it comes through in the FFB really well. Now you also get Reiza content! Best of two worlds. :)

Whats the deal with reiza these days, have they stopped their own projects to develop on other platforms? I haven't tried rf2 yet. Is Niels doing the physics on them?

I felt like Reiza was always more or less doing this and that this is what they are good at. Before AMS they did Game Stock Car series, which were rF1 mods. With AMS they went a bit further as they gained access to the ISIMotor source code, but the game is still mostly built on rF1, just polished to the extreme. With rF1 graphics engine becoming too aged, it makes perfect sense to me that they now do stuff for rF2.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back