Imola called off due to flooding

Glad the waterlevels are getting better now in Imola. Time for F1 to pack up and move on to the next GP.

Would be great if this GP can be refitted into this years calendar but I doubt this is an option?

Just got an email from F1 TV saying that due to the race cancellation they’re extending my subscription by 7 days.

It’s a nice gesture as I considered Imola to be a force majeure situation.

Would be great if this GP can be refitted into this years calendar but I doubt this is an option?

With all the double and triple-headers, that will be hard. If it had been the 70's, 80's and 90's it would've been possible.

It is a gap between Silverstone the 9th of July and Hungaroring the 23rd of July. But showing Imola in there means there will be 5 weekends in a row with racing. Austria - UK - Italy - Hungary - Belgium.

Post Belgium there's the summer break, then Netherlands and Italy right after. Then the travel starts again.

F1 TV generously extended my subscription by 1 week to compensate for the cancelled race.
Note that extension was for 1 week, NOT 1 race...

Last I read there are no plans to "force in " another try for Imola.

The calendar is already tightly packed and another race pushed in will stress manpower and logistics even further.

Under normal circumstances logistics from Imola to Monaco would have been a breeze, just a few hours on the highway.

But as the paddock is still partially flooded, the roads mostly unpassable and emergency services overtaxed its quite probable that the F1 circus will not make it to Monaco on time.:cry:

Add to that " a little internal trouble" in France where the Yellow Vests have no intentions to work beyond age 62 and are threatening civil unrest and power cuts and the Monaco GP is also under serious threat.

A season of racing can be too long? Incomprehensible to me, they could race year round and I'd watch (at least as much as the miserable TV coverage in this country allows).

A season of racing can be too long? Incomprehensible to me, they could race year round and I'd watch (at least as much as the miserable TV coverage in this country allows).
Maybe you could have a look at the logistics and especially the working conditions of the "ground troops" meaning the mechanics e.a.

Sounds cool to travel around the world with Ferrari, except that working around the clock means that you sometimes see only a plane, a taxi to the track and the paddock.
When you´re lucky you see some exchangeable hotel rooms for a few hours.

So yes, there is such a thing as a too tightly packed schedule :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back