Immersive Pit Marker (IPM)

Misc Immersive Pit Marker (IPM) 1.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wolf24h submitted a new resource:

Immersive Pit Marker (IPM) - Change flating marker into a realistic sign.

This is my shot at making something more immersive than a floating 'PIT' sign in vanilla AC. I tried to keep it neutral so it fits every car and age from 1920 to 2020, nuggets to F1.

You can install it as a mod with CM or JSGME or overwrite the original file. Mod is using an emmisive shader. If you use CSP you don't have to install anything, if not then you can find the shader by Stereo here...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks very much for this. I was using another one but it was kinda hard to see until you got real close. Could you maybe make a version that is 4 traffic cones, one in each corner of the pit?

Thanks very much for this. I was using another one but it was kinda hard to see until you got real close. Could you maybe make a version that is 4 traffic cones, one in each corner of the pit?

I might make the cones version later this week if I get some free time to spend :laugh: however it would be less visible in the night condition because they wouldn't glow, unless I'll make glowing ones ;)

Is it possible to push it back a little? The billboard always ends up sticking up through my hood of all of the cars I use (mainly GT cars). Or, is there a way to set the position via CM?

Still waiting for the Cones version ;-)
I've made a little research and found out Kunos really didn't adapt it for such thing. The marker I've made is already compromised. An issue is the position of the sign varies from track to track and with cones on some tracks it would float in the air while on others it would clip under the floor.

Is it possible to push it back a little? The billboard always ends up sticking up through my hood of all of the cars I use (mainly GT cars). Or, is there a way to set the position via CM?
There's no way to change the position in CM. What's exactly the problem? I put the marker about in the same place the original 'box' wall is. When I start up and leave the pit I don't see any clipping, and a solution for clipping while stopping is simply braking earlier ;) My inspiration was a real pit sign used in some motorsport events, where you're meant to hit it with a front bumper to know where exactly you should stop. If I move it in anyway it would seem off on some tracks or even be hidden by other cars in the pit lane.

I've made a little research and found out Kunos really didn't adapt it for such thing. The marker I've made is already compromised. An issue is the position of the sign varies from track to track and with cones on some tracks it would float in the air while on others it would clip under the floor.

Isn't the pitbox just a square that gets placed in the car's pit position so it would be located where the car is spawning in the pits?

Maybe a solution could be to make the cones higher so on some tracks they would clip through the ground instead of floating in the air on other tracks?
I dunno, but I would think that placing cones in the 4 bottom corners where Kunos have those small triangles connecting, would work..

I would think that placing cones in the 4 bottom corners where Kunos have those small triangles connecting, would work..

Here

That's the best I can at the moment, as I said earlier it can sink into the ground (rare on Kunos tracks) caused by the way Kunos implemented this feature and it cannot be solved for now as far as I know ;)

Enjoy, it should work fine on most of tracks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%