immersion buster

The new build has indeed moved the bar a good notch higher, but I think if we all pester Kunos enough, i.e. remind them of their claim to do the perfect GT3 sprint/endurance game, there is still a number of smaller bits missing. Here's my current list to be ticked off hopefully in the future:

- safety car and virtual safety car and start behind safety car in single file
- visible damage
- AI technical failures (or do they exist already and I just missed them) also those only leading to timeloss on track, not only outright disaster [plus: spotter telling you about these]
- more realistic/varied repair times in pit
- more dirt buildup on screen and other parts of cars
- windshield cleaning during pit stops (haven't done pit in endurance yet, maybe it's there?)
- team members taking extra care to not fight / hit each other across classes (both AI among each other and player with AI running in same team)
- a little less coloured smoke on the in lap ...

- visible damage

One of the devs mentioned that they are unhappy with how the damage is currently and plan to work on it further, both visually and the stuff you don't see.

- more dirt buildup on screen and other parts of cars
You get quite a bit of dirt buildup on cars over enough time, you just need to do long races. I mean, look at some of the cars irl, they don't get any dirt on them for hours. And when they do, it's pretty subtle.
20190528215509_1.jpg

(apologies for the quality, pic is from VR before V1.0)
But as you can see, the car does get pretty dirty.

nreally nice shot, tells the story, but my windscreen still is so clean after one hour that I do not miss the guy cleaning it, so there is room for improvement
I think they usually clean it after a couple of hours, but it also depends if you drive on the dirt a lot. I will agree though it would be good to have someone clean it, as mine does actually get quite dirty.
20190623200951_1.jpg

Another example of it being a bit dirty after a 20 minute race (I went off track a lot)

I still think that the way that the cars look like on the tarmac is like they are hovering.

There is some messy detail missing that connects the road surface to the tires to trigger whatever my brain needs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%