GT Sport Images: McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Coming to GT Sport

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 10.jpg

Polyphony Digital and McLaren Automotive have revealed a striking new GT concept car, destined to come to GT Sport this year as part of the Vision GT range of cars.

Designed by McLaren themselves with the aid of Gran Turismo founder Kazunori Yamauchi, the new and somewhat wordily titled Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo is a futuristic concept car designed with an eye on the 2030 road and GT racing marketplace.

Joining brands such as Bugatti, Hyundai, Dodge, VW and others, the futuristic performance road vehicle is likely to produce insane amounts of both grip and outright speed once players get their hands on the virtual car this October.

As we await public release of the game next month, Polyphony have produced a very interesting short trailer documentary of the new car, which can be seen below:

Rob Melville, Design Director, McLaren Automotive

“We wanted to break new ground and to innovate and the 'McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo' does exactly that. It puts the driver absolutely at the centre of the action, delivering a sensory overload with incredible sound and awe-inspiring acceleration. From the game player’s point of view, the driving experience in this car will be like nothing else: the amazing glass cockpit and the motorcycle-like driving position – with your head far forward, almost right above the front axle – combine to allow you to see exactly where the apex of the corner is so you can shave vital milliseconds off each lap. More than anything though, the 'McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo' is a stunning looking car. The design form communicates exactly what the car’s mission is and what its intentions are: it’s the ultimate expression of the McLaren design pillars and principles we have already established, futured into the 2030s.”
Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo creator, President of Polyphony Digital Inc.

“I created the Vision Gran Turismo project to give car manufacturers the opportunity to design something that has all of the characteristics of their brand, and will live on as a playable vehicle in Gran Turismo. Many of the cars have become legendary in their own right, continuing to shine for years and attracting players from different eras. For me, a car needs to be an extension of the driver; I am focused not just on the appearance, but on the handling, the sound of the engine, and the feeling you get when you are racing. So, it was an honor to work with McLaren to bring the 'McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo' to life, and to put such a car on the circuits of Gran Turismo Sport for players to enjoy driving at the limit.”

Gran Turismo Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th 2017.

GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 2.jpg
GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 4.jpg
GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 5.jpg
GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 6.jpg

If you are interested in learning more about GT Sport, or just want to keep on top of the news for the upcoming PS4 racing title, head over to our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and get yourself involved in the community discussion.

GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 3.jpg GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 7.jpg GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 8.jpg GT Sport - McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo 9.jpg

Like the look of the latest Vision Gran Turismo addition? Do you like the design ideas employed by McLaren in this new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ah, yea, I am well aware who makes PU for F1 teams. I've been following F1 since the late 70's. And you might have to eat your words!. McLaren is exploring the possibility of making their own PU's in the near future, once they finish with this Fantasy car...J/K.

Sorry if my McLaren comment confused you. But I am sure some others here @ RD figured out my cynical remarks were geared towards McLaren F1 recent failures in their PU.(Honda). They haven't won a race since 2012 and a championship since 2008, that's almost ten years! for top level team in F1.... It's beyond embarrassing now.

McLaren doesn't make the power unit.

Maybe just my opinion but a ugly looking car compared to the P1, the lights are too close together for my liking, Also the car looks like its having an identity crisis and it cant decide whether if it wants to be a LMP or a hypercar,
Rear wings nice though :thumbsup:

Really?...Wow, then please run, don't walk to the nearest F1 teams Headquarters or paddock and see if they can use your talents to some of the teams struggling for performance of their cars. They sure can use your help...Maybe you can even join the F1 circus and travel with the teams!..Who knows right? Good Luck!

I may have been following F1 for nearly that long, but I can figure out whether or not an engine is causing issues with performance of the car.

Ah, yea, I am well aware who makes PU for F1 teams. I've been following F1 since the late 70's. And you might have to eat your words!. McLaren is exploring the possibility of making their own PU's in the near future, once they finish with this Fantasy car...J/K.

Sorry if my McLaren comment confused you. But I am sure some others here @ RD figured out my cynical remarks were geared towards McLaren F1 recent failures in their PU.(Honda). They haven't won a race since 2012 and a championship since 2008, that's almost ten years! for top level team in F1.... It's beyond embarrassing now.

Mclaren roadcars and Mclaren F1 have nothing in common I think

Jesus, maybe they should be! don't you think?..lol Of course not, one is used to race in F1 GP circuits around the world and the other is a legal supercar you can drive on legal streets and roads but both are produce,designed and engineered at the same Headquarters in the McLaren Tech Center in Woking U.K..

My point to
Azure Flare was that instead of McLaren wasting their time with this fantasy supercar bull crap for a "Video Game" @ their Tech Center that they should be focusing more attention on their failed F1 project. It was just a cynical in jest remark since the video showed an engineer/designer going through all the design process of this fantasy supercar with a silly seat position.

Azure came back at me with "McLaren doesn't make power units" and "I can figure out whether or not an engine is causing issues with performance of the car" comment which I replied that I was well aware that McLaren "currently" don't produce PU's (reason for them using the inferior Honda engine..duh).

But if he thinks that strapping a Renault engine on the back of that Mclaren for 2018 is all going to be roses and poppycock he's sadly mistaken. It's just not all about the power unit of the car. There are other factors involve like aero design and chassis design to consider as well as many other differences that will produce a winning car, ask Williams, Force India, Renault Factory Team and Toro Rosso.....no wins in a long while for those teams. I won't be surprise if McLaren/Renault 2018 will end up log- jammed to the mid-field pack.

The Mercedes Silver Arrows & the Ferrari Teams are winning not just because they have the most powerful PU's on the grid. The aero and chassis design packages are just as important... maybe even more so.

Peace!

Mclaren roadcars and Mclaren F1 have nothing in common I think

So you're saying that just because Honda can't make an F1 engine that McLaren shouldn't do other things? Perhaps they ahould also not make road or GT cars anymore, or not even embark on projects outside the automotive industry.

"So you're saying that just because Honda can't make an F1 engine that McLaren shouldn't do other things?"

Oh, boy, Please point to where I said that in my comments. Also, let me ask you. Do you know what a "cynical remark" and "in jest" mean? Or, for that matter, a critique or an opinion of a news posted on a Racing Simulator news site? Please enlighten me.

You know, I can go back and fourth with you all day and all night long if you want with this pointless conversation. I am retired living on a nice pension and my hobbies include Sim Racing as well as reading post here and making comments all over the web about different topics. I have all the time in the world my friend.

Jesus, maybe they should be! don't you think?..lol Of course not, one is used to race in F1 GP circuits around the world and the other is a legal supercar you can drive on legal streets and roads but both are produce,designed and engineered at the same Headquarters in the McLaren Tech Center in Woking U.K..

My point to
Azure Flare was that instead of McLaren wasting their time with this fantasy supercar bull crap for a "Video Game" @ their Tech Center that they should be focusing more attention on their failed F1 project. It was just a cynical in jest remark since the video showed an engineer/designer going through all the design process of this fantasy supercar with a silly seat position.

Azure came back at me with "McLaren doesn't make power units" and "I can figure out whether or not an engine is causing issues with performance of the car" comment which I replied that I was well aware that McLaren "currently" don't produce PU's (reason for them using the inferior Honda engine..duh).

But if he thinks that strapping a Renault engine on the back of that Mclaren for 2018 is all going to be roses and poppycock he's sadly mistaken. It's just not all about the power unit of the car. There are other factors involve like aero design and chassis design to consider as well as many other differences that will produce a winning car, ask Williams, Force India, Renault Factory Team and Toro Rosso.....no wins in a long while for those teams. I won't be surprise if McLaren/Renault 2018 will end up log- jammed to the mid-field pack.

The Mercedes Silver Arrows & the Ferrari Teams are winning not just because they have the most powerful PU's on the grid. The aero and chassis design packages are just as important... maybe even more so.

Peace!

Strap a Merc in the the back of that McLaren and I guarantee it still wouldn't be all roses & poppycock.. Many many components make a championship winning team not just a PU & aero design team...

Ferrari have not won a world championship since 2008 either and couldn't win a race last year either but I don't hear you calling them embarrassing !!? 9 years and counting...

McLaren make their own PU too :roflmao: don't make me laugh :laugh:

Diversity & PR is all I see with the McLaren GT Sport project. Nothing more nothing less..

"So you're saying that just because Honda can't make an F1 engine that McLaren shouldn't do other things?"

Oh, boy, Please point to where I said that in my comments. Also, let me ask you. Do you know what a "cynical remark" and "in jest" mean? Or, for that matter, a critique or an opinion of a news posted on a Racing Simulator news site? Please enlighten me.

You know, I can go back and fourth with you all day and all night long if you want with this pointless conversation. I am retired living on a nice pension and my hobbies include Sim Racing as well as reading post here and making comments all over the web about different topics. I have all the time in the world my friend.

You're implying that McLaren is "wasting their time" by designing a car that will probably only exist in a racing game, and then also implying that the F1 team is a "failure" just because they've had poor results over the last three years. Have all the other automakers "wasted their time" by designing VGT cars? Has Red Bull "wasted their time" by designing the X series cars for Gran Turismo during their championship winning years?

OK, I get it now..geez!..What was I thinking!. We are in a Sim Racing forum dedicated to discussing sim racing video games, (and by the way, I love all types of video game too!) and me being an idiot was implying with an opinion that McLaren shouldn't be using or wasting their precious manpower and talented engineering resources, ie $$$ in creating a fantasy future super car for a video game due their miserable unreliable F1 program these past 10 years or so.

Your absolutely right, my apologies and my bad. They should, hey, it's Mclaren, a prestigious UK based company owned mostly by a Bahrain royal family($$$) and know around the world for designing and producing excellent F1 and GT racing cars and are now joint venturing into designing GT hypothetical and prototypes super cars for the Playstation video game console. You got me Azure. I stand corrected. No hard feelings eh?

You're implying that McLaren is "wasting their time" by designing a car that will probably only exist in a racing game, and then also implying that the F1 team is a "failure" just because they've had poor results over the last three years. Have all the other automakers "wasted their time" by designing VGT cars? Has Red Bull "wasted their time" by designing the X series cars for Gran Turismo during their championship winning years?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back