Image Sharpness

I've been playing around with settings a bit lately. I'm trying to get the best looking, sharpest image with good reflection quality.

I wasn't happy with how it looked with CSP and SOL installed so I uninstalled everything and re-installed just AC on it's own to see what that look likes again.

I found I got a nice clean image just using the built in MSAA x4 or x8 and most other settings dialled right up. This reminded me of how clean, sharp and reflective AC can be.

I then run AC through CM but without CSP or any mods. With CSP you get the option to turn on FXAA. I think it's this that brings the fuzziness to the image.

I think it's the case that if you want to use the CSP anti-aliasing tweaks you have to have this FXAA ticked as it intercepts the software process and modifies the effect. Has anyone had success with playing around with these settings such that it looks better than the built in MSAA x4? I struggle to see how the built in MSAA can be bettered.

I've heard about the method of using Nvidia AFx16 rather than AC's version. Is it drastically better than the game's version?

Once I'm happy with the AC base game quality settings I think I'll try installing CSP again, first without SOL just so I can see each modifications effect before layering on more mods.

I think I'll also backup the whole game and documents folders at each stage so I can roll back easily to previous builds.

• Deleted member 197115

Have it ticked under AC Graphics settings but PP AA set to Disabled in CSP FX. It's in SOL manual, I believe.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%