F1 2010 Image of DVD not working

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I made an Image from my F1-2010 DVD with Deamon Tools Lite so could run it without the risk of damaging my official disk, but now when i try to start f1-2010 with the image mounted it wont work, it sais that i must use the original CD/DVD instead of the backup.

Did i forget anything, or do something wrong?

To the amatuer doubters, there is not one game I own right now that needs the disk in the drive. OK Jason? Find out for yourself if you don't understand. I buy all my games. Never pirated one in my life, but I'll be damned if I am going to put my precious disk in everytime.
ps, never mounted a disk image either.

You own the games I listed do you? I mean actual discs and not pirated copies? and you say they dont read disc in mid game? then your a liar, as I have all 3 on that list bought with my own money, idiot.

You own the games I listed do you? I mean actual discs and not pirated copies? and you say they dont read disc in mid game? then your a liar, as I have all 3 on that list bought with my own money, idiot.

Whats with the insults? How old are you? I do own all of them and I have them working without the disks in the drive. What is so hard to understand? It's not my fault that you are incompetent and can't find the cracks needed. They are out there and perfectly valid to use if you own the software.

ps, calling someone a liar in public, in writing is very dangerous for your bank account. Be warned.

There's only one No-CD out for this game - would it work with the patched version too?

And for what it's worth, why should there be anything wrong with owning games but not jugling DVDs all the time? I play 4 or 5 different games a week in quick rotation, that would be hell on those disks.

There's only one No-CD out for this game - would it work with the patched version too?

And for what it's worth, why should there be anything wrong with owning games but not jugling DVDs all the time? I play 4 or 5 different games a week in quick rotation, that would be hell on those disks.

Hi Helmut, the one no dvd patch works with both the pre and post patched game.

The one reason I don't use a no-dvd for this game is because the one I found has this weird startup noise/animation this that was annoying me to no end. I just went ahead and made a mini-image for myself. Mount and forget :)

Kully, if you use the ENBSeries Mod (for lighting, to remove the brown tint) it overrides the annoying startup sound from the No-CD. You could even use the mod file (d3d9.dll or what it's called) with the lighting correction disabled.

Thanks Andy for the info. While I'm suspicious of the patch in general, that was one more item that made me not install it.

Quick question on the DVD issue. I am using the Xbox and have installed the game to the hard drive as I too wanted to save the disc from damage and also assumed the game would load quicker and be quicker in the menu's, etc. if installed to the HD but it still requires the disc to be in the drive to start the game. Is this normal? Are there any real benefits to installing the game as opposed ot just running it from the DVD?

Grr... every time I go to play this game I end up doing something else! This thread caught my eye last night, & as my grand-daughter has just figured out how to walk (already ruined 1 disc that was in my pc), so I decided to give this a go. What a major pain in the backside it was to get it working, 7 hours it took me!!!

So, without reading too much, I downloaded Daemon tools lite, installed, made an image of my F1 2010 disc, mounted it... & hey presto it wouldnt work from a back up copy of the game
comp26.gif

So I did some reading, lots of it, & came to the conclusion that lots of peeps were having problems with a certain part of Daemon tools, & also the guy who wrote YASU (for cloaking the virtual drive) was no longer doing it, & had indeed moved over to the Alcohol peeps. From what I can tell, the reason it wouldnt work was the way I made the image, & also the fact that I wasnt cloaking the virtual drive.

I went onto the Alcohol 120% forum, & lots more reading, came to the conclusion that this would be a better version to do the same thing, with a lot more options for making your image in the 1st place (so that the game doesnt think it's a back up), & eventually downloaded & installed Alcohol 52% (the free version). There are 2 versions of Alcohol 52%, 1 is free, 1 is a trial & costs $27.

Alcohol 52% only lets you make a cd/dvd image & mount it on a virtual drive.
Alcohol 120% does the same as above, but also lets you burn the images to disc, & costs money.

Alcohol 52% Free -- make cd/dvd image & 6 virtual drives (free)
Alcohol 52% ------ make cd/dvd image & 31 virtual drives (costs money)
Alcohol 120% ----- make cd/dvd image & 31 virtual drives & cd/dvd burning (costs more money)

All 3 come with A.C.I.D. which is used for cloaking the virtual drive.

You will also need something called SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) which you only find out about if you have problems (they dont tell you up front). If you havent got it, when you try to use Alcohol 52%/120% you get the message

Loading Alcohol Device Drivers Failed Emulation Options and native driver interface of Alcohol 120% will not be available.

which stops you from doing any virtual drives.

The SPTD needs installing first after which you can install Alcohol 52%/120%

1 other thing I noticed, Alcohol 52% doesnt show up in the installed programs list, & it wont uninstall from its own uninstaller, you just get told "The installation could not be verified". They have some instructions which involves stopping a service (which doesnt work!) & deleting registry entries as well as the program folders & files.

So all in all, a pain in the backside to get it working, looks like it's going to be a pain in the backside to get rid of it as well.

It is however working very nicely indeed. I would suggest very strongly, anyone installing this Alcohol go read their support section 1st, especially the FAQs, my Comodo firewall had a major spacattack when I installed this program which could have been avoided had I read the FAQs.

Quick question on the DVD issue. I am using the Xbox and have installed the game to the hard drive as I too wanted to save the disc from damage and also assumed the game would load quicker and be quicker in the menu's, etc. if installed to the HD but it still requires the disc to be in the drive to start the game. Is this normal? Are there any real benefits to installing the game as opposed ot just running it from the DVD?

With GRID, I installed it onto the HDD, and generally, it just loads quicker as the read time is quicker from the HDD, it should also not spin the disc as much and make as much noise during gameplay. It loaded much faster for multiplayer races, but you have to wait longer for the other muppets to load.

I assume this would be the same for F1 2010.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back