F1 2013 I'm too slow

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I've been playing F1 2013 for some time now, before I played other F1 games too.
My problem is that I am very slow, I don't know why. It's not like I don't know how to play, I have a steering wheel also, I watched online hotlaps to be sure I make no mistakes, but I' very slow.

For example, in Nurburgring, by best in qualifying is 1.31.800, while on time trial is 1.31.000, using the setups from this forum. With the same setups, others I see that have made 1.30, 1.29.

Can this have something to do with the video card, which is pretty weak (ATI Radeon HD 3650)?

What assists are you using?

If you saw someone from AOR doing a 1:29, don't think you can manage that, they are some of the best drivers on this game, and don't forget that they sweat 3-4 hours a day :p

And no, the video card has nothing to do with the laptime, but getting at least 45 FPS will probably make you faster as you'll feel more confortable with the game

...And no, the video card has nothing to do with the laptime, but getting at least 45 FPS will probably make you faster as you'll feel more confortable with the game

Are you sure you`re right with this? I remember back in 2011 when i bought my new GPU and went up from ~30FPS to 60FPS i gained a couple tens, on some tracks even more than 1 sec! Think it depends on how much FPS he already reaches atm, if he`s f.e. down under 30FPS he may be able to improve his laptimes with a new graphic card?!

Are you sure you`re right with this? I remember back in 2011 when i bought my new GPU and went up from ~30FPS to 60FPS i gained a couple tens, on some tracks even more than 1 sec! Think it depends on how much FPS he already reaches atm, if he`s f.e. down under 30FPS he may be able to improve his laptimes with a new graphic card?!
but getting at least 45 FPS will probably make you faster as you'll feel more confortable with the game
*coughs*

There used to be the FPS glitch on F1 2013, but it was fixed in the first patch by Codemasters, so your improvement was only based on being more confortable with the game, as your eyes don't blow up with low-FPS

I got my wheel last fall, because I could not handle the game with the keyboard. Was tough in the beginning but now I am glad that I did so. Main thing is to find the right settings for the wheel which might take a while. There is a forum here for wheel settings, try different ones and see which ones please you best.
Then I would recommend you to turn off all assists except racing line (only if you do not know the tracks) as Milos Ancevski already has stated. It is hard in the beginning but you are able to drive much quicker than with assists turned on quite soon.
I first only managed to do a 1.25.xxx in Melbourne, but after some training I could race a 1.21.xxx (similar to Milos;)) which is pretty fast for me as I am just a casual gamer.

*coughs*

There used to be the FPS glitch on F1 2013, but it was fixed in the first patch by Codemasters, so your improvement was only based on being more confortable with the game, as your eyes don't blow up with low-FPS

I don't think it was ever properly fixed. People were still complaining after several patches, and then they took the forum down.

For what it's worth I recently upgraded graphics cards from an AMD 6950 to an R9 290 and that doubled my fps from 31 to 60 (maxing out my refresh rate, actual fps is 85) on a triple screen setup. Immediately I found time on the straights, in the order of 0.4-0.6 of a second.

I don't think it was ever properly fixed. People were still complaining after several patches, and then they took the forum down.

For what it's worth I recently upgraded graphics cards from an AMD 6950 to an R9 290 and that doubled my fps from 31 to 60 (maxing out my refresh rate, actual fps is 85) on a triple screen setup. Immediately I found time on the straights, in the order of 0.4-0.6 of a second.
Because you get more comfortable with the game, it's much better to play on a smooth screen rather than a screen with low FPS. It can make you react better under braking and to other stuff on track

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%