I'm shocked about AI

Roster :) Idk why rooster was stuck in my head.

Seriously AC would do better in my opinion without road cars.
Would it do better? The market has been saturated with nothing more than pc racing games with just race cars. race07, gtr2, rfactor, gsce, rf2, raceroom, iracing.

There are so many choices for the die-hard (advanced, devoted) simracing users, both in past and current sim racing games. Every one is scattered in many communities, and even so the online activity remains a small niche in every single game, exception iracing, where the Game is their online system, and there you can always find a race either as more casual or serious.

Last edited:
Roster :) Idk why rooster was stuck in my head.

Would it do better? The market has been saturated with nothing more than pc racing games with just race cars. race07, gtr2, rfactor, gsce, rf2, raceroom, iracing.
Well in my opinion, PC sim racers would not choose to drive a road car around a circuit coz it's boring. I purchased AC early on and to this day I haven't even stepped in to any of the road cars in the game.

As it happens, none of the race sims get it right for me. I want the graphics of Pcars, with the physics of Rfactor 2 and the presentation of the early codies F1 games. I want podiums and that most basic of things, a chequered flag being waved. I want replays as good as Grand Prix 4 and the car choice of all of them mixed.
But what I don't want is road cars. But that's me.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
But that's me.:thumbsup:

Of course that's you. And we must not own and play only one game/sim. That's not a rule. There's no international birth control, so there's no limit to how many games of the same genre we can play. And is good that there is diversity in games from the same genre.
There is diversity in games and diversity in people's tastes and motivation.

Trying to make AC a copy of other previous games would please a group and displease another. So why displease one group when the first group already has something to fill their enjoyment.

If AC, rF2, SCE all had the same features and race cars, where would the players turn to race online?

Well in my opinion, PC sim racers would not choose to drive a road car around a circuit coz it's boring. I purchased AC early on and to this day I haven't even stepped in to any of the road cars in the game.
I've almost always chosen road cars over race in AC, of course there are exceptions on both sides - the 312T is good fun, the GTR is not, and is the Cobra road car or race car? (road legal car with an 'assetto corsa' - race tune)

I have zero interest in GSC because it has no road cars, I actually own it, but the few times I launched it I scrolled through the car list, thought 'meh' and closed it again after a few laps in the Opala. I very much come at sims from the direction of "I like Need for Speed's car selection, but the physics are appalling."

I do not know about that much more to graphics than low level graphics APIs and pretty looks, and about future plans, but at the moment AC looks so much better and with more fluid fps than rFactor 2 on my rig.

I have installed the rFactor 2 demo version about three times and I have to lower the graphics detail to low in order to achieve decent fps resulting in horribly image quality. Actually, I think I have seen better graphics on rFactor than rFactor 2.

Kunos needs to work on they're people-skill's..the no can do, and built it yourself attitude are getting old.
Way 2 cocky for a mediocre game like this. Yes it has good physics etc..still doesn't warrant the sometimes arrogant way of addressing they're costumers!
Last stream we had to hear how 99% of users are average (stupid) Joe's and don't know or care about setups in a sim racing game. :O_o:
Even if that where true, it's not a good PR move to let the consumer know how u feel about them lolz :D

1epgnn.jpg

No explanation, just a big ole STFU.

Kunos needs to work on they're people-skill's..the no can do, and built it yourself attitude are getting old.
Way 2 cocky for a mediocre game like this. Yes it has good physics etc..still doesn't warrant the sometimes arrogant way of addressing they're costumers!
Last stream we had to hear how 99% of users are average (stupid) Joe's and don't know or care about setups in a sim racing game. :O_o:
Even if that where true, it's not a good PR move to let the consumer know how u feel about them lolz :D

1epgnn.jpg

No explanation, just a big ole STFU.

Come on.. they've responded at the same question almost a million times (that question is on multiple light source). Me too will like to have night and multiple light source like proper headlights in AC, but that's will not happen; it's a design choice from Kunos, asking for it everyday will not make that happen, end of story :)

btw, what about quoting a forum post totally out of context just to try to score a point? the thread from where you've taken the screenshot has nothing to do with the ai :O_o:

BMW M235i Racing. This car is good with AI. The AI can manage it well even at Spa without causing accidents. They might brake at Eau Rouge, so don't go flat out there if you're behind them, they will brake a bit, usually if there's also traffic ahead. It is a competitive race against these cars. When you're driving it, watch out for the lift off oversteer, is very sensible to it and you can crash it easily when turning in corners after braking, so give balanced throttle midcorner.

I noticed over the weekend in working with Ai set to 100% they don't drive like "overly cautious drivers in rush hour traffic". If anything they pass and give 2 flips about you....now that's crazy. Turned it down to about 93% and they started acting like cautious idiots again.

If you read their latest devblog on Ai there's been some improvements in the latest update matter of fact. But still listed as Work in Progress.
Artificial intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is sensibly improved both by making it closer to humans performance in corner exit and in general race craft during the race; AI is now able to choose the proper tyre compound for a given session, better handle turbo strategy during qualify and race, improved DRS usage. Driving lines have been improved, as well as the ability of AI drivers to overtake each other and the player. Now they are more aggressive, and they take advantage of any mistake to take your position.

With this in mind the only improvement I could see to the Ai at 100% is that they didn't "kerb" so much. I was racing on Nurburgring (Nord) and the cars were "kerbing" when they shouldn't and bouncing off them. Had they not done this, it would have been close to impossible to pass or catch I'm wondering.

So my opinion has changed with Ai...yes they act like idiots at a lower rating, but turn them up and they get a bit smarter ;) (especially past 95%)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%