MGP19 I'm really liking this :)

Just wanted to share my surprise at how much better this is from last year.

Main reason for yet another purchase in the series was that I really wanted the Moto2 Triumph engined bikes, now they also have a proper dashboard, they sound good, they ride nice. The historical content I find a huge bonus and a lot of fun - both the bikes and Laguna Seca. It has this nostalgic feeling of being back to the 2008 version of the game where I started with, just with a lot better GFX.

The new AI kinda seems cool, less "robotic" and more individual, more errors too, and not so eager to run me of the bike. I also really like the way they are hiding the rev counter HUD elements when you are in cockpit view, and that the MM Dashboard shows you lap times and number of laps as well as your ECU settings (even though there's a bug in what it shows if you edit the setup in the pit).

The helmet camera is better than 2018, the menus are better, the controls are more flexible to map. There seems to be a bug with the "weight forward"? as it makes the rider sit up, but okay, I can kind of live with that. Generally there are a few bugs, but less annoying ones than last year. Sector Split times are back too.

So, if you're on the fence if you really want to buy yet another update to the series... I honestly think this is the best yet. I've had 2008, the 2010 SBK title, then MotoGP 13, VRTG and MGP18 and I might stick with this one for a long time as it seems to concentrate the best of all these titles into one. Now if they could bring back the In-Game Telemetry and fix the bugs this would be a 8/10 or even 9/10 for me personally.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my surprise at how much better this is from last year.

Main reason for yet another purchase in the series was that I really wanted the Moto2 Triumph engined bikes, now they also have a proper dashboard, they sound good, they ride nice. The historical content I find a huge bonus and a lot of fun - both the bikes and Laguna Seca. It has this nostalgic feeling of being back to the 2008 version of the game where I started with, just with a lot better GFX.

The helmet camera is better, the menus are better, the controls are more flexible to map. There seems to be a bug with the "weight forward"? as it makes the rider sit up, but okay, I can kind of live with that. Generally there are a few bugs, but less annoying ones than last year.

So, if you're on the fence if you really want to buy yet another update to the series... I honestly think this is the best yet. I've had 2008, 2013, 2016 and 2018 and I might stick with this one for a long time...

It's been a huge improvement but physics are so different.
Do you use any setup for your bike to reach top speed?

So far I've only seriously tested the KTM Moto2 at Phillip Island, and the default setup really suits me. Just one klick on the final gear for more acceleration, TC and AW down to 2 (for realism reasons mostly because the real Moto2 doesn't have them, but the game really doesn't lend itself to running completely without).

Other than that it rides nice as it comes, so I didn't fiddle with setups. Stoner's 2007 Ducati will require some more work I think, but I haven't really started there yet.

So far I've only seriously tested the KTM Moto2 at Phillip Island, and the default setup really suits me. Just one klick on the final gear for more acceleration, TC and AW down to 2 (for realism reasons mostly because the real Moto2 doesn't have them, but the game really doesn't lend itself to running completely without).

Other than that it rides nice as it comes, so I didn't fiddle with setups. Stoner's 2007 Ducati will require some more work I think, but I haven't really started there yet.

But I meant it for Rossi's bike

i'm really agree with you, but i think the gap between riders are so big, especially on moto2, i try to race with 8 laps, and the gap from winner to the last position is 1 minutes, it is too far i think i've played on moto2 career until gp catalunya, and i see just 16 riders who can get the point, so the result is very predictable. r u agree with me?

General impression is: great, i dont like the gears look though

Question:
Im playing with moto2, and im finding my self having to braking a lot sooner than in previous versions. anyone else? in Spain - montmelo for example, in the main straight in 19, im having to brake way before the kerbs start. In other versions i started braking alot later..

Also i find the assisted track line quite off?

In 18, i surprisingly found the gp bike more agile that the moto2 bike :\

Haven't tried gp yet...

Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 9.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 81 9.3%
  • < 4 years