I'm getting twitchy

I'm an idiot! I have a perfectly working lovely Dell 29" ultra wide monitor 2560 x 1080 but I'm getting twitchy and started looking at tv's to mount on my rig. I now need you all to tell me to stop being an arse, grow up and stop wasting money!!!!
Happy New Year :)

Tell me about it :), been looking at 32" screens(monitors) for ages, would be hell of a stepup from my 24" I use now :inlove:
Lets see what the January sales bring.....:laugh:

Upvote 0
Just checked a review of the Sony I was looking at and with the Leo Bodnar input lag tester, it has 42ms lolololol that's that over with. I've slapped myself and I'm going to do the sensible thing and carry on with with my Dell.

Upvote 0
I love my Dell very much, but if I had room for triples it would have to go, that or if I had the wallet for a 34" 21:9 from LG :p
Yeah those LG 34 are expensive. I have room for triples but I would want to upgrade my 770 card so the expense just keeps going up. My only issue with the 29" is some games don't have 2560 res so you end up with the side bars and it looks crap so apart from using 1980 x1080 any other suggestions? Luckily, RF2 caters for 2560 res so that's all good.

Upvote 0
Yeah those LG 34 are expensive. I have room for triples but I would want to upgrade my 770 card so the expense just keeps going up. My only issue with the 29" is some games don't have 2560 res so you end up with the side bars and it looks crap so apart from using 1980 x1080 any other suggestions? Luckily, RF2 caters for 2560 res so that's all good.
Many games that don't support 21:9 reso can still be run in "Windowed mode" and then "Fullscreen", which makes the game adopt your desktop resolution of 2560x1080. An example of this is just about every Blizzard game.
Other than that I dunno, you could run the game at 1920x1080 and have the monitor stretch or zoom the image to fit the entire screen, but it's not gonna look great imo. I don't play any games that won't run full screen but I don't find the black bars on the sides that disturbing when watching movies.

Upvote 0
To be honest, that's what's holding me back is whether RF2, GSCe, AC etc would support a resolution of 3440X1440, pointless spending all that money to play in the same resolution I'm getting now :cautious:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing