Im getting error 17991

Fresh install did nothing as I suspected. I got a hold of Jat Ekkel and he looked up 17991 here is the quote
"Jay Ekkel: 17991 Invalid SSL certificate name.
This can occur if the user is using a proxy that substitutes SSL certificates.
Ask the user to try without using a proxy or use a proxy that doesn’t substitute SSL certificates."
How do I do this? What needs to be looked at or changed. Jay didnt know how either :)

See if this helps at all.

"Error 17991 indicates an invalid SSL certificate name.
This can occur if the you are using a proxy that substitutes SSL certificates.
Try starting the game without using a proxy or use a proxy that doesn’t substitute SSL certificates.

You can access these settings by either opening Internet Explorer and opening the settings/options menu and then selecting "Internet Options".
This will open a window where you should click the tab called "Connections". Once on that page, click the button called "LAN Settings".

In the new window that pops up, make sure that the checkboxes in the proxy server section are both unchecked. Press Ok and then close down the other windows.
Then try to launch the game again.

Another thing that's always useful to do is to make sure all files were correctly installed. This can be done through the Steam feature called "Verify integrity of Game Cache". To do this:

To do this:
Go to the Library tab in Steam
Right-click on RaceRoom Racing Experience in the game list
In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Properties" menu item
In the window that appears, go to the "Local Files" tab
Click the "Verify integrity of Game Cache"

Steam will now check for any missing/corrupted files and redownload any files with issues."

''Hi all. We're having some technical issues with our servers and will go down for maintenance while we look into it. We are deeply sorry for this unexpected problem. As usual, we thank you for your patience.''

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.7%