F1 2011 I'm done with Codemasters F1 games.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It is not so much the racing, but it is just average for its realism, unlike rFactor and F1 Challenge '99-'02. I know it is not supposed to be full-fledged sim, but even for casual play, it is BS.

For one, I will not be convinced that they will fix many of these bugs and even if they try their best, they somehow create new bugs.

Two, I am kind of turned away that if you mod F1 2011 in some way, it is looked down upon by CM. I think this is something with GFWL, and, don't get me wrong, I like GFWL, but it seems to carry some karma(whether most of you believe this superstition or gobbledygook as some of you may call it) with the games released under that label.

Well, I better play some more rFactor, Race, or other racing sims that value player input and ideas into their intellectual property.

yea cause a developer would really want you to go and edit a game they've spent their time on for us.......you want fun play go join a league for PC, you get much more challenge compared to the AI. Like Victor said I really dont see why you had to announce it here, maybe you were hoping for a farewell party or something

OR,,,,,,,, maybe you FANBOYS should just head on over to the fanboy forum and continue to sing the praises of Codemasters awesome dev. team so they will simply add new cars for next year and give us all the same old BS for 3 years running. kthnx

OR,,,,,,,, maybe you FANBOYS should just head on over to the fanboy forum and continue to sing the praises of Codemasters awesome dev. team so they will simply add new cars for next year and give us all the same old BS for 3 years running. kthnx

so coming here and bitching about it is gonna create radical change? get over yourself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. you dont like it, just go and play something else, dont come on here and moan about it

I have always thought Codemasters' F1 games were a bit schizophrenic. Stuff like tire wear and the dynamic track surface are things I'd only expect to find in a more simulation oriented game, and stylized vehicle dynamics I'd expect in a more arcade oriented game, all mashed together in one package. Makes the game feel quite indecisive to me.

Although once I get past the bugs and shoddy performance, I still enjoy the game.

I think people are entitled to an opinion although I agree that if someone has had that much of enough of it then just go enjoy yourself on something else. Personally I really want to enjoy this game, i have had immense pleaure from it since it's release but the problem is the longer I play it the more the bugs are jumping out at me and killing my enjoyment. The last three online races I have taken part in have been ruined by game glitches and it makes it difficult to maintain the level of enjoyment that I want from it. I am considering pulling the plug but am really reluctant to do so because when it runs smoothly it is so much fun and having found a great bunch of people to race with makes that even more of a pleasure. But at the moment the problems are just ruining that for me and it's a case of whether I can just accept it as a bad run and see past that in the hope that I can now have a run without issues arising because they are certainly not going to be fixed by CM.

Still doesn't stop me from playing the game cause it's the only one F1 game on the market which is actual 2011 season game. I love it, I don't care about the bugs, all I want is racing with nice people and have nice races as the one we had last night.

Thats what we all want Victor.. nothing more but also nothing less... game faults should not prevent us from experiencing that enjoyment. When it works it is excellent no arguments from me there. Occasional problems I can accept and put them down to bad luck but but sometimes when you have a run of issues effecting the fun aspect of it you do question whether it's worth the effort.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back