I'm desperate

So I tried to avoid Assetto Corsa special events until now because when i started playing with the game I could not finish any of them. Now after playing 250+ hours with the game (mostly hotlapping, career and online racing) it is still the case, they are very brutal even on easy difficulty. I beat some of the race events, but the drag events are particularly impossible for me. I used a custom setup on the BMW M3 GT2 but I cannot go below 40 sec no matter how hard I try on the first event, the Z4 can go 37 sec easily. You cannot avoid spinning in the beginning (I tried different levels of TC and off) and you have to "cheat" because if you wait till green it shows that your reaction time is around 1.3-1.4 sec which is unrealistic. I tried the time trial events, but no matter which setup I use I'm always 4-5 seconds behind the tier 3 time on the time trial events, so I gave up. I hate this because I feel miserable (I could beat most of the career mode events on gold on my second try) because I could not improve at all, I've spent 8 hours to fail....can somebody help?

As far as i can remember drag mode reaction time was never working correctly. Best way to clear these events is to listen to AI reeving engine, thou for 40s in M3 GT2 drag event something must be horribly wrong in your game setup.

Time trials can be a bit more demanding as the bronze and gold times can be pretty close, still gold often is far from what the car can do, so you may be even ~10s off the pace.

If you are using keyboard, i can't help you much, thou AFAIK it should still be able to do bronze on most events.
If you are on a pad or wheel, open pedals app and see if you are using 100% throttle, and if you are not braking on straights, you could also be pressing handbrake at times by accident. Also make sure you are not turning the wheel too much - if you are unsure how to know it, go to audio options, set tyre skid volume onset to 200% and drive, if you hear any tyre screeching you are loosing time by turning too much.

Besides that its mostly down to driving. So you'd have to give us a more specific example, and preferably video (or a replay) of your driving.

Download the setup market app. Try different setups that are specifically tailored for each car/track combo. A properly setup car can be worth a lot of time.

I tried forever to complete the Toyota ae86 on the nords and the best I could ever do was bronze. I had to drive the doors off of it to get that and I couldn't believe that I only got a bronze. I thought something wasn't right. After scrolling through the setup screen I noticed you could change the tire compound, which I did and then I instantly was able to gold the event. After that experience I realized that in order to be fast, a proper setup is essential. If you're like me and would rather spend time racing than testing, then get the setup market app and you'll see your times improve.

I have completed most of the special events, except for a few of the drifting ones, and the drag racing ones I haven't been able to do either. I have a feeling its because I have no idea how to setup the car for these events. I'm also not able to complete the time trials events because I can't figure out how to get enough points to keep going. One day it'll happen i guess.

Download the setup market app. Try different setups that are specifically tailored for each car/track combo. A properly setup car can be worth a lot of time.

I tried forever to complete the Toyota ae86 on the nords and the best I could ever do was bronze. I had to drive the doors off of it to get that and I couldn't believe that I only got a bronze. I thought something wasn't right. After scrolling through the setup screen I noticed you could change the tire compound, which I did and then I instantly was able to gold the event. After that experience I realized that in order to be fast, a proper setup is essential. If you're like me and would rather spend time racing than testing, then get the setup market app and you'll see your times improve.

I have completed most of the special events, except for a few of the drifting ones, and the drag racing ones I haven't been able to do either. I have a feeling its because I have no idea how to setup the car for these events. I'm also not able to complete the time trials events because I can't figure out how to get enough points to keep going. One day it'll happen i guess.

I tried different setups and I tried set up the car myself. Races aren't really bad (except the ones with F1 cars because that is way too fast to react for me), but I wanted to complete the Drag and Time Trial events at least on bronze level.

You have to play like that to get decent(default, only PSI is adjusted). Yep, it's a gold time.

You can clear most of the special event with the default setup, but most of the them is broken & you can clear them effortless with a good one.

Last edited:
As already mentioned for the drag race events you should be able to win them easy if you launch when you hear the AI car rev. If you can't then you have controller input issues or you aren't using the best tyre available or you are doing burnouts unwittingly.

Same for the time trials, I've not done many special events but I just checked one that I have an RSR time for to compare and on that one example the gold time is 4 seconds slower and the bronze time 7 seconds so they should be doable for everyone. Setup shouldn't matter that much outside of high-end modern race cars other than the best tyres and ok gear ratios. Maybe you could pick a challenge and post a video of your best lap so people can give you more specific pointers and help you fill your virtual trophy cabinet :)

Last edited:
As already mentioned for the drag race events you should be able to win them easy if you launch when you hear the AI car rev. If you can't then you have controller input issues or you aren't using the best tyre available or you are doing burnouts unwittingly.

Same for the time trials, I've not done many special events but I just checked one that I have an RSR time for to compare and on that one example the gold time is 4 seconds slower and the bronze time 7 seconds so they should be doable for everyone. Setup shouldn't matter that much outside of high-end modern race cars other than the best tyres and ok gear ratios. Maybe you could pick a challenge and post a video of your best lap so people can give you more specific pointers and help you fill your virtual trophy cabinet :)

The problem is playing on the controller I can't be that smooth as a wheel user, so it is harder to keep the car stable.

The problem is playing on the controller I can't be that smooth as a wheel user, so it is harder to keep the car stable.
It could be a question of controller settings then. Ive not faced with a pad but we used to have a regular on our server who was quick with one. Have you looked around for suggested settings for your controller?

It could be a question of controller settings then. Ive not faced with a pad but we used to have a regular on our server who was quick with one. Have you looked around for suggested settings for your controller?

I've searched all the internet for a setting which can fit me, every one of them has some issues. My time in the AMG GT3 time trial is 2 seconds off the bronze pace (with a somewhat default setup, I adjusted the fuel and tyre pressure settings only). I tried to drive the Porsche RSR again but I cannot catch any slide and I have to fight the car constantly which is ridiculous (that is why I prefer modern GT cars instead of vintage cars), such a horrible experience for me, I could not drive a clean lap in 1,5 hours, so I gave up forever. Getting a wheel would be an option if I had any money (and I have a big student debt too), but I guess I have to deal with the controller for now.

I don't really know those cars very well but assuming you have TC on factory you could experiment with a higher setting? I think the lower the number the stronger the TC in most of those cars. Are you using a trigger for throttle or a button? I guess with a button you would have a job controlling throttle regardless unless you tap it. If you are using a trigger maybe there is a throttle gamma option in settings, if so you could make the first 70% of your trigger range be the first 40% of throttle input or so. Hopefully someone who uses pad can chime in.

Out of curiosity I tried the drag race events last night and they are not really meaningful because as soon as you understand that you have to go shortly after you hear the AI car revving, they become rather easy. Keep the revs rather high, listen for the AI car. As soon as you hear it rev, put in the first gear and go. Of course I put on the fastest possible tire (semi-slicks), I also set camber to zero (hoping that it gives me the best grip on the rear tires, more contact surface should mean more grip). One trick that may help is using an app to check the ideal tire pressure, I use Sidekick and I can see how far the tire pressures are from ideal. Better pressure = more grip. I disabled traction control but I think the trick is the reaction time, a bit of spinning is ok.

For the time trial events, I remember someone saying that in order to win those you need to build speed gradually. Basically I heard that the trick is to be "slow" in the first few laps so that you get more additional time or something. I am not sure I have done any of them but I can try.

All in all I wouldn't get too frustrated, these particular events are really "half-baked" and not very meaningful.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%