Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Crew F1 Seven mods (F1 cars from the 70's originally created for F1C) and Luigi70's 1950's mods for F1C were retired successfully.

Thanks SDD.

But also, special thanks to all of you!
I can still find some 70s (71,75,76) and 50s mods (classic gp cars mod) on the SDD website. Are they also from F1C?

https://www.********************/product/assetto-corsa-ultimate-classics-mod/

https://www.********************/product/assetto-corsa-grandprix-1975-mod/

I’m talking about these two carsets

If the 1975 mod was released from Bazza, then these are from F1C. The author of the models is BigFelix and the founder of the most important forum of F1 Challenge was part of the Team Crew. The original models were done in F1 Challenge.

As far as I know, BigFelix retired in 2008 because of leeching, so the Bazza 1975 mod may be stolen from BigFelix as well. But perhaps he got permission from another CREW member so I cannot really say.

I'm sure Philippe can reclaim those models from SDD. Bazza at least credited CREW. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
If the 1975 mod was released from Bazza, then these are from F1C. The author of the models is BigFelix and the founder of the most important forum of F1 Challenge was part of the Team Crew. The original models were done in F1 Challenge.

As far as I know, BigFelix retired in 2008 because of leeching, so the Bazza 1975 mod may be stolen from BigFelix as well. But perhaps he got permission from another CREW member so I cannot really say.

I'm sure Philippe can reclaim those models from SDD. Bazza at least credited CREW. Thanks for your advice.
You’re welcome! I’m trying to contact also some gp4 modders which have their cars stolen and put in the SDD mods

You all know that the guys from SDD (A.C.Mods.org) are here in this forum, right?

A friend told me about "their" mods for Assetto Corsa, and I was very excited about having the classic F1 cars on my sim with better graphics and sound. They are even advertising a new and original 1990 mod. Kinda pricy, but great work if it were original or authorised stuff.

Well... 1995 and 1996 are direct copies of AMS mods. 1993 too. 1992. They even have the same sound files. The 2008 mod sounds like rFactor. It was disappointing. But OK, chip happens.

some days later, another friend tells me about this thread. For my surprise, it's talking about the same website where I bought the mods from...... So let's read the messages.

I decided to investigate the files, and could find 6 mods that were mere copies of other work from other people, where they claimed it was their work. The bugged mods with old rFactor sound files, sold as their own property. For the ones I could identify, I decided to claim my money back. For the others, I wasn't able, so I didn't.

First act as mentioned here: they've blocked my IP access to their site. So even if I want to download the other "good" mods, I can't. PayPal is investigating the case and promises me an answer before the 26th of March. What kind of retaliation will ACMods.org try against me? I don't know. But yeah, they did exactly as some of the members in this forum mentioned. Same steps. And some steps were not taken. As if they were mentioned by the person just to menace the members in this group. Curious.

Now I read the last messages and see that mostly all mods from that website are copied without authorization, credits or whatever: "You do it for free, I copy, modify it a bit and sell it. Without telling you. Even leaving the final product in a bad quality. And claiming ownership and taking down youtubers in the process".

how did we get all the way here? Where are we heading?... stealing mods, making money outta them, and fighting for them as smugglers in 1930's?

Anyway... when I have news from PayPal, I will let you know. Everyone who bought from them and feel this is not right, should file a complaint in the payment service for their money back mentioning the software sold as original is actually a copy of someone else's work without crediting them.

Let's see how far the mafia goes.

You’re welcome! I’m trying to contact also some gp4 modders which have their cars stolen and put in the SDD mods

Finally now all F1C mods are retired :D

Nice Roman

assetto.jpg

Even if the F1C community is small (just like GPL), the community still bringing unique content (some are WIP) and helping others while it can. After all, even to this day some content from F1C and GPL are reworked and adapted to more modern sims and vice-versa.

From F1C discord, W's forum, CMT, VB, F1C Brazil, and many other sites many of us will continue to support or contribute.

Thank you, everyone.

Last edited:
Update. One of my disputes was denied by PayPal. They've considered that the product I purchased, sold as original work, was delivered and so this was good to go. I'm still wating for the result of the first dispute.

I still don't have access to their website anymore. And has at least PayPal covering him.

The ACmods.org website, registered by SimDream, is hosted at GoDaddy. They have an email for contact: abuse@godaddy.com

If they still keep the copied mods for sale, and if someone wants to try and contact GoDaddy, it's there.

Have a good weekend everyone. Best regards to mr. Nistru, who I believe is also a user in this forum.

It's good to have this here. As someone who's downloaded a lot of mods I want to avoid illegal ones so the proper artists aren't screwed. Since this is relatively new to me, how can we tell if we've already downloaded one of their ill-gotten mods? At least one source I used is a mod collecting/hosting site. If I've d/l one of these bad ones I want to remove it forthwith!

It's good to have this here. As someone who's downloaded a lot of mods I want to avoid illegal ones so the proper artists aren't screwed. Since this is relatively new to me, how can we tell if we've already downloaded one of their ill-gotten mods? At least one source I used is a mod collecting/hosting site. If I've d/l one of these bad ones I want to remove it forthwith!

Well, see, moders are idiots. Instead of uploading it to Github and put a proper license to it they upload it to some web host and know one can tell if it's legit or not.

Well, see, moders are idiots. Instead of uploading it to Github and put a proper license to it they upload it to some web host and know one can tell if it's legit or not.
Does anybody know the shortcut to remove kunos cars from the list of cars we have installed in AC Manager? Then at least I can have a look through. If it helps - I've never seen the name Sim Dream before on any mod I downloaded as far as I can recall.

Does anybody know the shortcut to remove kunos cars from the list of cars we have installed in AC Manager? Then at least I can have a look through. If it helps - I've never seen the name Sim Dream before on any mod I downloaded as far as I can recall.

In Content Manager you can do that very easily. There is a category for Mods and for Kunos-only.

Also I heard Content Manager removed everything from SimDream by default in some later version. Don't know, I only have RD mods.

Last edited:
In Content Manager you can do that very easily. There is a category for Mods and for Kunos-only.

Also I heard Content Manager removed everything from SimDream by default in some later version. Don't know, I only have RD mods.
When I look at my car list, I'm not able to sort them by mod. I think you may be referring to the 'drive' portion of the game when choosing a car. I'm referring to the 'content > cars' portion where we can see more details and even delete the cars from the manager.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%