Illegal Mods - How would I know?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kevin Jay, Jun 10, 2015.

1. ears

ears
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    Ian Bell's lightbulb moment.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. seanvdburg

seanvdburg

Ratings:
    +51
    I tried them, multiple times already. I know what cars you are talking about. My opinion?
    Most of S3R1U5 conversions handle like broken go karts IMO, or a car that has been badly repaired from a collision. Take the Renault Alpine as an example, no body roll, as stiff as a kart, wrong kind of tyres, and almost no force feedback as a result.
    You don't even know how accurate the NSX is to it's real counterpart. I've never driven it, but i know they actually had a guy involved in the project who owns a NSX to test it. I don't think S3R1U5 owns the cars he did.
    Then you mention Smallblockhero's cars look just as good as Kunos'.
    No way. To me they look like generic Forza ports with some texture remapping, and fall short on all the little details Kunos put in it's models (correct lights, shaders, lods, etc.
    I don't want to link ripped content here but I know x4fab did some good ports, aside from his great scratch Peugeot.

I know not all ripped cars are very bad, but you did not point out the best ones. And sorry, they don't match cars like the NSX or Kunos content.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,322
    look im a good friend of donnies but you are out of your mind if you think smallblocks cars can match that of kunos cars. same for that other guy, s3rious or whatever his name is always get thes contrast and white balance wrong so its its two dark, increasing the brightness makes the exterior environment look horrid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox

Ratings:
    +114
    Well I have been waiting for a year for someone to fix the Ferrari 312 by smallblockhero and now it looks, sounds, and handles great to me.

I know what you guys mean though.
    I have been downloading lots of bad cars with interiors so dark that we couldn't see a thing.
    I usually delete these ones and keep only the good ones.

Edit : I just checked that "x4fab" guy you mentioned...
    Wow so he's the one who did the Mazda RX7 Time Attack?..
    Well you don't mention the best cars either then! lol
    Cos the interior of this car is completely BLACK. We can't see a thing inside.
    Also the car is insanely fast...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  5. Hawker77

Hawker77

Ratings:
    +1
    So basically - it's not like a guy - "Bob - car enthusiast/gamer" did it for another game, and someone ripped it off him and released it for AC. It's illegal because "Bob gamer" did not officially license the car by the company who made it, and/or doesn't own the copyrights, etc. Not to mention ripping it from say, a Forza game owned/created by Turn 10.

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +407
    I am thankful to all moders for taking the time to work on a mod, scratch or conversation and sharing it so I can enjoy in my favorite SIM. Some are great, some not so much but it is always fun to discover how good they are. It is one great aspect of AC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. John Jorell

John Jorell

Ratings:
    +13
    I don't know if anyone of you recognize these websites for paid AC mods are legit or not, such as the Sim Dream Development and RTM Mod Shop because I'm itching to get some of their mods. So whoever purchased mods on those websites can anyone tell me do you really get it's worth?

8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,322
    both are ripped, ive made the mistake of buying from them in the past, they never update the mods, well rtm did a few times but they have the guts to ask for more money for the update. Dont make the mistake, you will regret it as i did a long time ago.

9. John Jorell

John Jorell

Ratings:
    +13
    I was about to make the jump of buying some but hey thanks, I won't buy anything from those sites. If there are free ones then I can do it here.

10. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox

Ratings:
    +114
    I love most of the "illegal" mods I downloaded, but I sure would never have paid for them, especially when I know that for example, most S3RIUS cars are ripped from Forza.
    On the other hand, I consider that URD mods are worth every penny.:)
    I think that URD is the only one worth paying for.

11. ears

ears
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    Yes - and you have the added assurance that Kunos outsource some of their cars to them, so if anyone's going to be aware of physics updates, and is likely to release updates for previous content, it's URD.

And they gave the Indy Lights away for free to previous customers, which made me like them even more.

12. christoph1954

christoph1954
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Same for me! I LOVE the mods from "Smallblockhero" - the AC_LEGENDS - they look awsome and I prefere the handling to most of the "original" classic cars :)
    I have to add an example: The original GT40 - great looking - but just a sad experience to drive, I´ll NEVER do it again (no brakes! no grip! just sad!) - just compare it with the "Shelby Daytona" - great sound! great brakes! great handling! (it may not be leagal it may not be really realistic - but man it´s a blast to drive!!! You may hate me for telling the truth - but that is not my problem!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. IcebergXD

IcebergXD

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey i want to ask something. I installed f1al2015_mp4_30 car for example and when i click start the engine it the screen turns black and i go back to the main menu, i want to ask why this is happening is the mod illegal and banned ?

14. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +150
    Banned not, probably outdated.

• Agree Agree x 1