RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This track has always presented a visual problem for me. When on the banking the view shifts as though I were tilting my head to the outside of the corner and then of course it comes back level on the flats. It's disturbing also to hit RearView and wen releasing it have a different angle presented. Does this happen to anyone else? IRL one does not tilt their head while on the banking to keep the horizon level but instead sees the track rolling into view from the top of the helmet or windscreen, been there, done that IRL. It's different, thrilling and I wish that's the way the view was in this sim.

I had this same kind of problem when using Track IR and driving here, after starting on the banking, BOY IS THAT GOING TO BE FUN, the track would tilt the wrong way when getting to T1, oh boy that was a handful!

Hum.. not sure whether this helps, but this is the view I'm getting, normal vs. banking:

hwcFz3k.jpg

TlES86E.jpg

..........................With my set up I created a rusty scrap metal on track.
.......................In race I seemed more as a scrap dealer than a race driver.
upload_2015-1-23_0-42-2.png

...............................Now seriously, race was great and I enjoyed it.
............................By the way, I'm glad that @Björn finished first on R1.

@Alex Odell - FYI, you're getting mismatched for the "FORMULA.CAM" file (I don't think it displays the file to the user)
Cheers @Björn, no it doesn't show, but I knew which file it was as I made custom on-board cameras for our International Masters of Formula R race videos (You know... life-like ones, not ones that float in space alongside the car by magic!)

My races were... not good. I had ok pace, especially on heavier fuel. I was running behind @Stig Bidstrup into turn 4 on lap 3 of race 1 (as shown in his video above) and had a run on him in the slipstream. I started to pull alongside and decided to go right as I thought he'd stay on the inside. Guess you didn't see me and moved right as well. Our wheels tangled and we both spun off. I was able to continue and Stig wasn't, which was a shame. But my car felt damaged after that.

Race 2 I was leading for half a lap or so before @Reggie Blain wandered on by. Then lap 2 at the turn 2 hairpin, @Peter Ell was on my inside and nudged me a little on the edit and I spun into the wall. Thanks for waiting Peter, but you didn't have to, I would have gone backwards on my own soon enough! In the end I quit due to spinning too much. The track felt really nice and well designed and modelled, but as I said, it's almost like it needs to be scaled down in every axis by 30%. Felt like driving a scalextric car on a real track!

Alright then, GTP practice only up till now, but I'm in anyway ;)

BTW, are we doing rolling starts again? I think we switched to those last time after standing starts turned out to be quite.. eventful on Mon/Tue ;)

EDIT@20150126: Probably out as my internet's finally gotten unusable after connection issues every now and then.. Some of you know my disconnects during training sessions by now, and the two L1 disconnects during last week's races weren't a good sign either.
On Saturday, I tried to join Alex doing some laps around Nurburgring and was constantly dropped from the AC (betrayal, I know!) server after 2-ish minutes.
My ISP's on it, but I'm not too optimistic in terms of a timely solution.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201504):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

How soon we forget, especially true for a track that we very seldom ever run.

I have just completed several starts for the cars we will be using at this circuit. In a normal standing start several things happen to the cars due to the grid being on the eighteen degree front banking. The first thing you will notice is that your steering wheel will rotate, for me a full turn to the left. This will probably happen to all the cars used for the week. The FWD cars will line up ant get off the line fairly well. Many of the GTP cars will begin to drift down the banking, pulled by gravity as soon as you place yourself on the grid! Cars may not be pointed straight ahead after sitting for even a few moments. When the lights go out, many of the GTP cars will spin and flounder, the starts will be horrible for everyone and so will the race. Holding the brake on does not seem to help but is certainly suggested!

Solutions:
I strongly suggest that you run a few practice starts using the offline "Race Event" in the main menu before showing up for any event as we will not be practicing any starts on race day.

The STCC and Mini events can be run with standing starts. Some might experience problems during the start if too aggressive but I bet there will be more problems at the first two corners than at the start line.

The GTP races will both be rolling starts.
When rolling starts are selected for a race event they follow the WTCC rules and only the first race starts off rolling and race two is a standing start. To make both races rolling starts the server will be set for a single race. At the completion of Race 1 we will move to the next event and without anyone leaving the garage, we will move forward through the sessions to Race, no practice, no qualifying, no warmup. I'm sure the grid order will be scrambled, not a reverse grid but it should provide some variety.

Bleh, another disconnect at L1 at the exact same position as yesterday - I'd hope it's the track, but then again, why is it only d/c'ing me.. oh well, we'll see how it works out next week.

Sorry to hear that Bjorn .... I wondered what had happened there
It was great to be back, and I really appreciate the good cheer from everyone :D
It was a decent race for me. I finished!! WOO \o/ ..... AND came in 9/14
Got two stop and go's tho, entering pit too fast (should have practiced that more I guess, that's a tricky one) .... but ended up doing FOUR stop and go's since I screwed up the first two somehow.
Once pretty minor incident, I don't recall with whom (I'll hafta look at the replay) -- but he let me back on in front .. thanks :) (He tried to take the outside in the walled chicane)
Looking over my MOTEC data, it looked like I was running pretty consistent laps as well (that weren't stop and go ... or lap 7, where my tires were really getting greasy. shoulda pitted in lap 6 or 7 I guess) ... my laps were within 5 seconds of each other :D \o/
Great race guys. Thanks!!
I rather like this track. It's got a decent rhythm

OK, relaxed enough now to do a race report.
I came into the server and saw Damo's fast lap time, I knew it was going to be a hard day.

I worked on the car and my driving, I even went out on track and put a broom to the rubber that lay in the line that I drove in :). I got close enough and was happy but I didn't want to start from that area of the grid. As things went, I got a good launch and good position into T1 and was right at the back of the lead group coming out of T2. Paul Hurlow did a good job of holding Damo back but only for a lap and very soon he was in my mirror and very close. I pitted at L6 just a lap after Damo nicely got by and had him behind me again as he came out later. From that point on we were never far apart, one second at most and all I could do was to hold my lines and drive without taking chances. Our laptimes fell several times over the next laps and try as he might and with all the room on the track there was no place for him to go until one of my small mistakes gave him enough time to walk right past me.

With the end of the race coming up and a desire to get back in front I took all my chances and put them into the fast chicane, it didn't and I had to concede the place permanently. Unfortunately, I thought that was the last lap and Esc'ed to the pit after crossing the line, but there was still one more lap to go :laugh: :rolleyes: :(. Damo did a great job, he'll be making mistakes with the really fast guys soon. I won't have many chances to play with him, but I did enjoy this fine race.

12 out of 14 on TS today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lol mate, always makes me chuckle.
Gorgeous dogs.

Another enjoyable event for me. Unlucky Peter through the fast chicane at the bottom of hill. I didnt expect you to come through at that part, I thought if anything it would be the corner after. You seemed to make up a lot of time on me through that corner. Balls of steel to try it anyway mate, reminded me of Webber/Alonso at eau rouge. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%