RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I reviewed the moment I came off and and rejoined the track in R1 , someone pointed out I came on in front. A. It was marginal B . I was runnning out of width and C . I kept tight to the side and let 2 cars passed before I started to accelarate again. I thought it was quite a fair manouvre.

As for R2 , having learned my lesson in R1 after tapping someone due my not seeing early breaking , I braked a little early myself in the same place , which proved to be costly :(
I'll stick to Fridays I think.

Damo

Great little battle at the end there Dennis. :thumbsup: I normally get to race on my own, so it made a nice change.

I was a lot slower because I didn't want to get 4 tyres over those pesky lines. Unlike some....;):whistling::whistling::D Although I think if you take those two corners like you want to, it can hardly be helped.

Last edited:
Sorry, no picture-loaded race report today ;)

Haven't had time for practice and wasn't exactly the first to join as I was putting together that livery-tool-update-thingy over here ;) Still found some speed and qualified P6, if I recall correctly.

Had a fairly good start into race #2, passing Wayne who might've missed the lights going out - while Reggie, Matthias, Aaron and Peter pulled away, I had one nice fight with Stig who constantly pushed throughout the entire race. Great stuff, thanks for that one! :)

Not starting into the second race as well, the first lap didn't exactly help with a firm push to the outside of T1, barely missing Nelson, and a free trip to the gravel during the aftermath of another incident involving Dennis, Damo, Wayne and an evasive Nelson (great reaction, too bad it ended on the grass) a few turns later got me further to the back. Simply bad luck on the latter one as people were spinning around out of control, no worries there ;) Thanks for waiting anyway, Dennis.
Anyway, this still made for some nice, albeit short battles with Dennis (sorry for my weird line through T1, I still have no idea what that one's supposed to be like ;)), Joe, Nelson and Reggie Snr, thank you guys!

Thanks for racing everyone, see you Thursday! :)

So many nice comments about this track! We did run a time trial here and a few of us ran in that otherwise it hasn't been used since 2010. A good turnout on several days for practice, I think we were 6-7 on Sunday and that time gave me a fair setup so on "Monday I tried the BMW for a while and though I was as quick it would kick me off at times so back to the garage with it. Not going up on it but not good enough for it yet.

I had an outstanding lap in Q, my best by over a second. I wasn't sure how the race was going to go though. Aaron dropped out at the beginning of Warmup and thanks to all for making the rejoin work out just about as good as it could get :thumbsup:

R1: Looking good after an "eh" start, but I remained in place for a few laps . Nelson, picking up some speed since practice was coming up behind, no defense, I notice my "position" and he passes. Michael looms in my mirror, slowly closing and with quicker laptimes nails me towards the end.

R2: Starting in a much better place I thought it was going to be a good race. Coming up on the second hairpin, behind Wayne and Damo I had planned to stay inside and brake normally instead of being in a line of slowing cars. Unfortunately Damo put a wheel in the grass and it slowed him enough that Wayne also saw the inside as a better move and even though I put the binders on as soon as I could, I created mayhem by hitting Wayne and then Damo, Wayne also taking out Bjorn and Nelson coming up in an OMG situation had to also take to the gravel. Certainly changed the race for me too. A couple of back and forth's with Aleksander until he quit and then a chance to gain on Andy as the race progressed. Sigh, the last lap was not without incident as I had caught right up to Andy and was making an attempt to pass on the last lap at the double lefts and failed. Come back Andy I think we'll have better times.

Last edited:
Hey Racers,my English is too bad I use a Translator.

Race 1, was okay for me, because I wanted to keep at least my position to you racer.At the end, I came closer to Dennis and thought I turn times my lights.What in has made most likely nervous.I could still overtake him in the last round.Good fight Dennis.It should also extend to the finish line.

Race 2, I'm on the pole, wow.Either fly I curve in the first out or they overtake me at the start.But because the guys were behind me in the way I couldn't get my position defense.I had some nice fights until to the finishline.The last 3 rounds with Aaron Channer were the best in the whole race.Very fair and like a pro.Well done.

I hope guys until next time with you. > Greets Michael

Race 1 Never happened, deactivated my clutch button ( somehow) and received a stop and go penalty. Went in on the second lap and was penalized for speeding in the pits. Rest of the race just used for practice finished 14th.
Race 2 Started in 14th and was fighting for positions when cars ahead were fighting for lines. Coming up to the second hairpin was following Damon and noticed he put a outside wheel on the green stuff, anticipating problems I dived to the inside and by the looks of the replay touched the brakes (Rookie mistake) this left Dennis with no where to go and thus the mayhem. I did not realize that in my attempt to get the car facing the correct direction, I took out Bjorn, sorry for that. Bjorn.
I eventually started concentrating and thanks to a couple of mishaps by other driver ahead, I was able to get a credible fifth place.
Thanks to all and once again enjoyable racing.

IFMs! In! :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201504):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

I'm... not too sure, really - but I might make it, we'll see :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201504):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back