RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

if there is not anymore sign ups i am happy to do a bit of public server racing, was checking the RD public server out and they are nice tracks, but i think quali and the races r tp long for public server racing imo. 20 mins quali and 6 lap races and it will defo attract more crowds

Loooonely races, but the car was good fun :)

In both races, Reggie got into P1 early and pulled away, and in both races, I opened a gap to the rest of the pack - made for quite a track-day feeling, though: good fun :)

BTW, I was using a setup by Bram, available over here.

Thanks for racing guys, see you tomorrow!

Was hoping to run the AC event in the cough and **** (they so nailed the sound) BMW but missed it. However with a free afternoon I can't say no to running around with everyone in the Minis so sign me up. On another note, I am in Canada so Eastern time zone. We have already jumped forward for DST so if someone could let me know race start time in my zone I would appreciate it. I don't understand how RD doesn't have a live real time clock in the header of the site. It is such a small code change and it would certainly save myself and I'm sure others trying to figure out times especially at this time of year with DST happening at different times in different areas.

Good fun as usual :)

Hadn't quite the speed of Nelson & Aaron, let alone Reggie's pace - qualified in P4 and had a fairly good start, but running out of tarmac in T1, I had to slow down a bit, which got Reggie Snr and Damo by.
A few laps & nice small fights in, I was back in 4th place, chasing after Aaron and Nelson who were losing time battling each other. While I could hang on to them, there was no way of getting past them.
At about halftime, I went into the pits and, for a change, chose to go with two tyres only. I then immediately regretted that decision, and while I got used to it after a while, Nelson and Aaron easily pulled away, handling the uneven rubbers way better - P4 in the end.

Thanks for racing everyone, see you next time!

I started second, but Aaron was real good about getting around me in the first turn. I still had the speed I used in qualifying, so I was quick to catch him. We had a fantastic battle, but Bjorn caught us, I had an off and was relegated to fourth. Hoping to get a jump on Aaron and Bjorn, I opted for two tyres only find out my opponents had done the same! I passed Bjorn easily and tackled the monumental task of catching Aaron. Once I was behind him, I found it was too hard to pass, he was defending his line exceptionally well. So I had to settle for third. Great fun, and I am sorry for the few times I bumped you Aaron.

Guess I should have stuck to AC today. Had no stable setup just the default.
Qualify:
Surprisingly I managed to be quick enough in qualifying to start 6th on the grid.
Race:
Troubles for me started right off the line. Forgot to put the car in gear and just sat there as everyone drove away. Got in gear and headed off at the tail end of the pack. Had a nice back and forth battle with @Ivan Fojan through lap 1 and made a nice move on him at the start of lap 2.
That was basically the highlight of my day. Little mistakes here and there saw me at the rear of the field again and then a cat decided to lay on my keyboard (ESC key) putting me as a DNF with 5 minutes to go.

We all have good days and bad days but today mine was total senior day. Going to have to make sure I spend a few hours working to get a decent static setup for this car. Great racing by everyone today. Till next time :)

On entering the server I noticed that most drivers were already faster than I was last time driving here. My first outings didn't do anything to show I could even match those earlier times. I got a long enough stint in during P2 to find the problem and when I made the change I was a bit quicker, not much, but the car had a tad more grip and was more stable.

Quali was a lap on race fuel, just a lap and it indicated that my change was good.

A start from behind Robert held me up a bit but not to matter, I made it through T1!
Bjorn, Reg and Damo ahead and I could see I was losing ground in tiny amounts. I didn't push but watched as Bjorn picked them off and watched Snr make a couple of booboo's that brought him within range. A good few laps of racing with Snr was fun but I was glad to get ahead. Still running by the numbers I was amazed to see Damo losing ground to me, tire problems? The plan was to catch him up and then pit but he surprised me with a stop! At that point I had been turning in my fastest laps but with in one lap it was obvious, grip had gone. A solid pitstop for four tires somehow got me back out just 2.1 seconds in front of Damo and Snr, no idea how. They talked and raced, fussing over space on the track and nothing that race leader Reggie said could keep Snr out of hot water. I kept punching out laps by the numbers opening the gap to 10.1 seconds by the end of the race.

Thanks all for the TS participation, it sure makes for great races, even when I'm not stirring up conversation!

I'm off for a drive across America and back, coast to coast, I'll see you all when I get back in about two weeks.

Just keep it rubber side down please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline